Located in Ilfracombe, The Dorchester Guest House is within a 15-minute drive of Exmoor National Park and Ilfracombe Harbour. This 4-star guesthouse is 5.6 mi (9 km) from Woolacombe Beach and 10 mi (16.1 km) from Saunton Sands.
Why Stay Here
Take in the views from a garden and make use of amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access.
- This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- The seasonal pool will be open from May to August.
- Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
- This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Make yourself at home in one of the 7 guestrooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and DVD players are provided for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include complimentary bottled water, housekeeping is provided daily, and irons/ironing boards can be requested.
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
Wrap up your day with a drink at the bar/lounge. A complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast is served daily from 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM.
Meetings & Conventions
Limited parking is available onsite.
Pools & Spas
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
The David Livingstone Spa has 5 treatment rooms including rooms for couples. Services include deep-tissue massages, hot stone massages, Swedish massages, and facials. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and hydrotherapy. The spa is equipped with a spa tub and a steam room.
The spa is open daily. Guests under 10 years old are not allowed in the spa.
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Ilfracombe Harbour - 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
Verity Statue - 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
Exmoor National Park - 6.8 km / 4.3 mi
Woolacombe Beach - 9 km / 5.6 mi
Barricane Beach - 9.5 km / 5.9 mi
Putsborough Sands - 10.5 km / 6.6 mi
Marwood Hill Gardens - 11.1 km / 6.9 mi
Croyde Bay Beach - 15 km / 9.3 mi
Braunton Burrows - 15.5 km / 9.6 mi
Saunton Sands - 16.1 km / 10 mi
Arlington Court - 18.5 km / 11.5 mi
Pannier Market - 21.2 km / 13.2 mi
Valley of the Rocks - 31.7 km / 19.7 mi
Lee Abbey - 33.1 km / 20.6 mi
Royal North Devon Golf Club - 36.4 km / 22.6 mi
The nearest airports are:
Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.) - 244.5 km / 152 mi
Swansea (SWS) - 293.1 km / 182.1 mi
The preferred airport for The Dorchester Guest House is Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.).
The following facilities will be closed during August:
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for English breakfast: GBP 10 for adults and GBP 5 for children (approximately)
- Pet fee: GBP 5.00 per pet, per night
- Late check-in fee: GBP 10 for check-in between 10:00 PM and 11:30 PM
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 10.0 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: GBP 100.00 per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
- Free Breakfast
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply