The Sonesta Ocean Point Resort occupies 10 acres of oceanfront property on St. Maarten and is approximately a mile from the Princess Juliana International Airport.
Why Stay Here
- Brand New! Reopening December 2018
- Award Winning 24 Hour Limitless All-Inclusive Service
- Adults Only
- Free Wi-Fi
- Stay at One-Play at Two, Full Access to All Facilities at Sonest Maho Beach Resort
Set in the most spectacular location with breathtaking views over Maho Bay, adjacent to Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino and Spa, the 129 all-suite resort is a destination within a destination.
- Welcome Drink and Cold Towel at Check-In
- Full Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Each Day in Azul Restaurant or Casa Blue Tapas
- Unlimited International and Domestic Premium Beer, Wine and Spirits, Fruit Drinks and Soft Drinks in All Bars
- In-Room Mini-Fridge Refreshed Daily with Soft Drinks and Bottled Water
- Weekly General Manager`s Special Occasion Cocktail for Guests Celebrating a Birthday, Anniversary, Engagement, or Honeymoon
- Weekly Manager`s Cocktail Party
- Mini-Bar Refreshed Daily with Soft Drinks, Bottled Water and Beer
- Daytime Activities Including or Similar to Water Aerobics, Pool Toys, Use of Snorkeling Equipment, Sports Courts, Volleyball, Ping Pong, Pool Tables and More
- Nightly Theme Parties and Live Entertainment
- Use of the Fitness Center
- Free Wi-Fi in Common Areas and Guest Rooms
- VIP Personal Concierge Service
Room accommodations are bright and well-appointed offering breathtaking views of the ocean and the surrounding beauty of the island.
All Guest Room Amenities Include:
- Ocean Views
- Italian Modena Porcelain Floor and Greek Marble Nathroom
- Luxury 400-Thread Count Cotton Bedding
- Flat screen TV with US & International Satellite Channels
- Free Wi-Fi in Guest Rooms
- Nespresso Coffee and Hot Beverage Machine
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Electronic In-Room Laptop Size Safe
- Balcony or Terrace with Table and Chairs
- Bathrobes and Slippers
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
- The Azul Restaurant, sits at the edge of a cliff overlooking Maho Bay, boasting impressive architecture allowing for sweeping views of the crystalline blue waters. Featuring sleek, contemporary design with whitewashed walls and cerulean blue accents, the captivating ambience reflects the Mediterranean themed menu that presents a creative interpretation of authentic specialties. Seasonal ingredients, fresh vegetables and grilled selections enhance and complement the restaurants international wine list. A further selection of fine wines is available for an additional charge. Azul Restaurant is open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, offering Guests an all day fine dining experience. In room dining is available with 24-hour room service.
- Located on top of the Azul Restaurant with 360-degree views of the sea, this stunning venue serves Caribbean Fusion tapas for lunch and dinner along with an array of cocktails, libations and an extensive wine list.
Candlelit Island Grill (Couples only; subject to additional surcharge)
- A romantic evening awaits couples at this intimate al fresco venue. The talented culinary team creates unforgettable private candlelit dinners under the stars featuring a top selection of wine, inspired grilled specialties and authentic Caribbean cuisine, accompanied by the soothing sounds of the ocean waves lapping on the shore. (Space is also available for private functions and groups.)
ADDITIONAL DINING OPTIONS
- In addition to the Azul restaurant, Guests of Sonesta Ocean Point have access to the restaurants at the family friendly Sonesta Maho Beach Resort.
Lounges and Bars:
Sunset Lounge and Bar
- This ocean view roof top venue is located atop the west end of Ocean Point offering sweeping views, the ideal spot for unforgettable sunsets while lounging in a sophisticated outdoor setting, perfect for socializing with refreshing specialty cocktails.
- Custom-designed furnishings, plantation-farmed wood accents, and carefully thought out lighting and art make this lobby bar an ideal place to unwind after traveling. Martins Bar greets Guests with a chic, convivial atmosphere of inspired contemporary design and a traditional Caribbean vibe, serving as the perfect meeting point. Martins Bar offers a sense of place for Guests as they savor the moment with a delicious morning coffee, afternoon tea or evening cocktails.
Casa Blue Tapas Bar
- Located above the signature Azul Restaurant, featuring breathtaking panoramic vistas, modern seating areas and full bar service.
Azul Bar and Pool Service
- Azul Bar pool service is available at the Point Pool as well as The Edge Pool, located at Azul Restaurant. After dark the Azul Bar is available for Guests to sip on a signature cocktail before dinner.
- In addition to the above, Guests of Sonesta Ocean Point have use of the five bars at the adjacent family friendly Sonesta Maho Beach Resort.
Meetings & Conventions
24,000 square-feet of brand new function space for business and social occasions are available accommodating up to 700 people. The dedicated convention services and a catering team can handle all details. Audio-visual equipment and services are available. For more information email email@example.com
Pools & Spas
The Edge Pool
- This private manmade beach pool is perched cliff-side seamlessly blending into the horizon. The silica-based sand lining the pool features a state-of-the-art cleansing filtration system while sophisticated loungers and umbrellas line the waters edge.
The Point Pool
- Featuring a deck with beach chairs, umbrellas and cabanas overlooking Maho Beach.
Swim Out Pool
- This semi-private pool is connected to the Swim-out Suites and meanders along the front of the resort.
- Large Oasis pool with swim-up bar and a water slide also offered at Sonesta Maho Beach Resort.
- The Serenity Spa incorporates modern design using chic dark wood throughout, art accents and a lighting scheme that is both calm and inviting. The 2,500 square-foot spa features eight treatment rooms, and two dedicated pedicure and manicure stations, along with a vast menu of facials, body treatments and massages. Sauna and steam room are available. At Serenity Point, a private outdoor treatment gazebo, Guests can experience true relaxation overlooking the crystalline blue waters of Maho Bay. The spa features Sothys and Pevonia treatments including a variety of massages, body wraps, body scrubs, manicure, pedicure and facials. For more information and appointments email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Located throughout the ten-acre oceanfront location are numerous venues to host nuptials, including the wedding gazebo overlooking the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea. In addition, the resort features a charming fountain garden with immaculately manicured lawns, inviting pathways and fragrant frangipani where Guests will find a sanctuary of calm and serenity. The location is perfect for wedding receptions or cocktails. Any wedding set on the beautiful island of St. Maarten is destined to be special. For more information email email@example.com
Entertainment & Activities
- Casino Royale is the largest on the island of Sint Maarten, boasting over 21,000 square-feet of gaming. With 21 tables of gaming, you can choose from Roulette (American and French), Craps, Baccarat, Blackjack and Poker, Caribbean Poker and Texas Holdem). Over 400 slot machines include a variety of classics and modern video slots. Club Royale offers free membership where enthusiasts can redeem points for gifts, room and restaurant comps, while a jackpot bingo is held throughout the week. The casino also has a private high-roller area with the highest table and slot limits on the island.
- In addition to the wide range of gaming, Casino Royale is also home to the biggest theatre in the region, with the Sonesta Show team providing three Vegas style production shows weekly for free. A spectacular combination of Cirque inspired acrobatics, live music and stunning vocal performances. These production shows are not to be missed.
- Within the Casino you will also find the DJ Vu VIP Lounge that offers live music, VIP packages and screenings of special events a great spot to enjoy a cocktail before collecting your chips.
- Opening in November 2018, Casino Royale will debut two new alfresco signature restaurants and an outdoor rooftop lounge with views spanning from Maho Beach to Mullet Bay.
All amenities at both Ocean Point and Sonesta Maho are available to Guests. Sonesta Maho offers a fitness center, Serenity Spa, sauna, tour desk, tennis courts, and more than 24,000 square feet of eco-friendly meeting and conference facilities. Ocean Point offers the best of both worlds.
Sonesta Ocean Point will reopen on December 15, 2018
Stay at One, Play at Two access for Sonesta Ocean Point to Sonesta Maho Beach Resort will not be available from December 15, 2018 through January 31, 2019. All exterior renovation work at the close by Sonesta Maho Beach Resort will be completed by December 15, 2018 and there will be no disturbance and minimal visual of the construction to Ocean Point Guests. All exclusive facilities will be available for Sonesta Ocean Point Guests, which will include three restaurants and four bars at the time of opening, fully all-inclusive.
- 24 Hour Room Service
- Butler Service (*)
- Casino (nearby)
- Fitness Facility
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hair dryer
- Ironing board
- Meeting facilities
- Multilingual Staff
- Multiple Swimming Pools
- Ocean View
- Spa Services
- Swim-Out Rooms
- Tour/sightseeing desk
- Wedding Services (+)
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply