Hotel Marina El Cid is a 4-star, all-inclusive resort and spa situated beachfront of the bohemian town of Puerto Morelos, halfway between Cancun and Playa del Carmen.
Why Stay Here
- TOP TEN Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort
- 24-Hour Room Service
- Expansive, Sandy Beach
- Extraordinary Culinary Experience: Five Restaurants, Each Featuring Different Cuisine
- Right in Front of Puerto Morelos National Reef Park
- Wide Variety of Water Activities Including Scuba, Snorkel and Fishing
- Full-Service, 120-Sip Marina On-Site
- 13,000 Square-Foot, Oceanfront El Cocay Spa
- 7,500 Square-Foot Convention Center
- Enormous Oceanfront Free-Form Pool and Heated Infinity Pool Overlooking the Ocean with a Sun Deck
- Popular Kids Club with Numerous Daily Activities
- Adults-Only Silent Zone with Mega Jacuzzi and Massage Palapa Huts
- Lobby Bar, Poolside Bar and Oceanfront Lounge
- The Best of Three Worlds Available: Cancun City, the Unspoiled Riviera Maya Zone and the Ancient Mayan Pyramids
Located in the tranquil, bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, discover a haven of fun and adventure, overlooking the silky-white beaches and turquoise Caribbean waters of the Mayan Riviera. Hotel Marina El Cid Spa and Beach Resort offers a fantastic variety of recreation for every type of vacation and guest. The breathtaking tropical surroundings will make your Cancun/Riviera Maya resort spa vacation picture-perfect. Lounge by the sparkling 22,000-square-foot pool and work on your tan. Rejuvenate Mayan-style with an ancient steam treatment, or catch up on your reading on some of the world`s most beautiful sand beaches. Grab a snorkel or Scuba tank and explore the protected Puerto Morelos National Reef Park -- the second largest reef in the world and a breathtaking underwater playground teeming with vibrant underwater life. Indulge in a soothing massage at the serene spa. For local color, nearby attractions offer everything from the stylish restaurants and shops of Playa Del Carmen to the magnificent Mayan ruins of Tulum. Why settle for an ordinary Cancun/Riviera Maya beach resort? Treat yourself to a truly unique celebration of Mexican hospitality.
Platinum Club Benefits:
- Deluxe Hotel Accommodations
- A La Carte and Buffet Meals
- All Domestic and Imported Beverage Brands Available at the House Including Wine, Beer, Soft Drinks, Juices and Purified Water(includes waiter service at the pool and beach areas)
- 24-Hour Room Service
- Pillow Menu
- Turn Down Service
- Mini-Bar in the Room
- Use of Tennis Courts, Racquets and Balls
- Water Sports: Windsurf, Hobbie Cats, Boogie Boards and Kayaks
- Fitness Center, Featuring Spinning
- Daily Pool and Beach Activities
- Biking Tours
- Kids Club
- Theme Shows
- Gratuities and Taxes
- Upgrade Available Directly at the Resort
- Guaranteed Ocean Front or Ocean View Accommodations (Jr Suite Platinum, One, Two & Three Bedroom Suites Only)
- Dedicated Check-In and Check-Out Areas
- Reservation of Palapa Huts on the Beach
- Butler Service
- Welcome Fruit and Wine Basket
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries in the Room Upon Arrival
- Late Check-Out (3:00 P.M. - subject to availability)
- Turn Down Service
- Room Aromatherapy Menu
- Complimentary Access to the Platinum Lounge (internet access, TV, newspapers, books, beverages and a changing variety of snacks, sushi and fruit)
- In-Room Amenities Include: Bathrobes and Slippers, Umbrella, Beach Bag, and Scale
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
Eating often and well is among the high points of any vacation and Marina El Cid Spa and Beach Resort proudly houses five restaurants and a beachfront lounge, providing a full spectrum of dining, from casual fare to gourmet cuisine.
- Dine indoors or al fresco at the casual La Alhambra (Breakfast 7:00 A.M. to 11:30 A.M., Lunch 12:30 P.M. to 4:30 P.M., Dinner 6:30 P.M. to 10:30 P.M.), adjacent to the lobby. Either way, you`ll savor the ever-changing gourmet buffet and a-la-minute dishes. The menu pleases the palate with everything from salads, sandwiches and pizza to sushi, chicken and roast beef. Calorie-watchers, beware of the dessert bar, with its to-die-for ice cream, pies, cakes and crepes.
- El Alcazar (6:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.) is a favorite for romantic dinners and special occasions. Located off the lobby, this fusion gourmet restaurant boasts elegant, minimalist decor. Diners enjoy a creative blend of Asian and Mediterranean cuisine. The wine cellar maintains a wide variety (surcharge may apply) of fine wines, including classic favorites and emerging labels from countries around the globe. Reservations are required.
- The poolside Hacienda Arrecife (Breakfast 7:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M., Lunch 12:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M., Dinner 6:30 P.M. to 10:30 P.M. ) pairs gourmet Mexican cuisine with generous portions of traditional local decor. An extensive buffet and freshly prepared, a-la-minute bars serve international luncheon fare. Elegant dinners are available a la carte accompanied by a large selection of tequilas. Viva Mexico! Reservations are required for dinner.
- La Marina (6:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.), serves up fresh seafood and stunning sunset views overlooking the clear waters of Puerto Morelos Bay. Reservations are required.
- Tratorria D`Gulio (6:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.) New Italian Gourmet Restaurant. Featuring a relaxed and elegant European ambiance, this restaurant features a delectable menu of homemade pastas, brick-oven pizzas and traditional Italian dishes. Guests may enjoy indoor and alfresco seating, a classic anti-pasta bar and a wine list featuring more than 50 wines from the most distinctive regions of Italy. A dress code and reservations are required for dinner. Guests seven and older are welcome.
- Enjoy cocktails at the Scaramanga Moon and Beach Lounge. Located on the resorts white, sandy shore, this lounge is as unique as it`s name. Scaramanga opens from 10:00 A.M. till midnight. Guests relax in hammocks under breezy palms or on plush mattresses beneath cabanas. What`s the meaning of the name, many ask. Cool ocean breezes, sand beneath your feet, tropical drinks and reggae music, all amidst a convivial ambiance that`s Scaramanga!
Other food and beverage services include a lobby coffee station and bar with live entertainment; afternoon tea time in the lobby, poolside, swim-up bar, healthy meal corner, in-room mini-bar stocked with drinks, as well as beachside and poolside beverage service.
- Room Service (24 hours) a la carte selections.
- Lobby Bar (8:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M.), cafe & lounge, offering live music and international brand beverages, as well as a coffee station serving a wide variety of styles and flavors.
- Swim-Up Bar (8:00 A.M. to 10:30 P.M.), offering international brand beverages and tropical cocktails in the pool.
- Congo Bar (10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.), offering international brand beverages at the pool.
- Adults Only Jacuzzi Bar (9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.), offering international brand beverages at the Jacuzzi area and beach.
- Macondo Ocean Deck Bar (10:00 A.M. to 11:00 P.M.) offering international brand beverages and tropical cocktails.
Hours of operation may vary according to the season.
For the Family
- Snorkel or Scuba and Explore the Protected Puerto Morelos National Reef Park, the Second Largest Reef in the World
- 22,000-Square-Foot Pool with Waterfalls
- Swim-Up Bar
- Beach Volleyball
- Boogie Boarding
- Windsurfing Lessons
- Hobbie Cats and Paddle Boats
Meetings & Conventions
Offering 7,500 square feet of flexible indoor function space, the new convention center provides a dramatic setting for meetings, conventions, reunions and special events. Beneath soaring ceilings, the Gran Salon accommodates up to 500 people theater-style. The space subdivides into eight breakout rooms for smaller gatherings.
Located on the beach next to the spa, the convention center offers first-class service and high-tech amenities. Among its other offerings: a grand, marble entry, banquet facilities, an expansive lobby with registration desk, foyers, private offices and business center. Entertainment, tours and planned group activities also are available from the resorts professional staff.
Pools & Spas
Spa El Cocay
The unique, El Cocay Spa takes its inspiration from the firefly. According to Maya legend, El Cocay, or the firefly, saw a spark of light that illuminated its path to the green healing stone. A beloved healer, who cured through the powers of thought, word and touch, had lost the precious stone.
The beachfront, 13,000 square-feet El Cocay Spa restores the ancient traditions, rejuvenating guests through a balance of mind, body and spirit. Here, guests take in calming views of the Caribbean Sea, while indulging in traditional healing remedies and massage techniques based on Maya legends.
Specially trained therapists select herbs, fruits, seeds, flowers and other natural ingredients for oils and lotions that foster a lingering sense of peace and wellbeing.
Among El Cocay`s one-of-a-kind treatments are the revitalizing Baateel Eagle Warrior Massage and the Tsaak Therapeutic Massage. For total rejuvenation, guests also opt for the 80-minute, four-hand Kukulkan Body Massage in a private, beachfront Palapa hut.
No Maya spa would be complete without the traditional Temazcal, the ancient steam treatment to purify body and spirit under the guidance of a Chamn. This specially trained professional combines therapeutic, steamed waters with warm stones and a blend of aromas, herbs and teas to soothe and renew.
Other Spa Amenities Include:
- Hydrotherapy Facilities
- Meditation Areas
- Massage Cabins
- A Temazcal, the Pre-Hispanic Steam Cabana
- Steam Room
- Yoga and Tai-Chi Instruction
- Hair and Nail Salon
- Boutique Featuring Native Maya Handcrafts
Marina El Cid Spa and Beach Resort offers a choice of open-air venues for weddings, reunions and other social events. Couples enjoy the destination wedding of their dreams, with ceremonies by the pool, on the beach, aboard a catamaran or in the wedding gazebo overlooking the Caribbean Sea. Customized menus and activities are part of El Cids personalized touch. Wedding parties enjoy spa services, sunset sailing cruises, entertainment and special activities. From start to finish, attentive wedding planning services assure a special day for the bride and groom and their guests.
Book five Platinum Rooms for three nights and obtain a Free Wedding!
Entertainment & Activities
Marina El Cid Spa and Beach Resort is the only resort in Cancun and the Riviera Maya with its own professional marina. The El Cid Riviera Maya channel is wide and deep, providing safe harbor to yachts and other large boats. Located one block from the resort, the 120-slip marina boasts a state-of-the-art sport fishing fleet for tournaments and private trips. The full-service marina draws travelers from around the world. It welcomes with a dive shop, weather services, mini-supermarket, hardware and bait and tackle shops, laundromat and more.
At the marina, guests can arrange catamaran tours to the beautiful shores of Playa Maroma. Diving and snorkeling excursions take guests to the protected Puerto Morelos National Reef Park. Nicknamed La Joya del Caribe (Jewel of the Caribbean), the marine park is renowned for its pristine beaches and vibrant coral reefs less than 550 yards (500 meters) from shore.
Enjoy a myriad of nearby attractions, from the stylish restaurants and shops of Playa Del Carmen to the magnificent Maya ruins of Tulum. Diving in the nearby cenotes, fascinating deep caves filled with water, is also a popular attraction.
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Babysitting (+)
- Beauty Shop/Salon (+)
- Boat Dock
- Business Services (+)
- Car Rental Desk (+)
- Children's Play Area
- Children's Program
- Complimentary Bathrobe and Slippers
- Concierge Desk
- Conference Rooms (+)
- Currency Exchange
- Dry Cleaning Service (+)
- Elevator / Lift
- Fine Dining
- Fishing (nearby) (+)
- Fitness Facility
- Free Beach Service (Seasonal)
- Free Parking
- Gift Shop on Property (+)
- Golf (nearby) (+)
- Guest Activity Desk
- Handicap Services
- Horseback Riding (nearby) (+)
- Ice Machine
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub
- Kiddie Pool
- Massage Therapist (+)
- Medical Services (+)
- Multilingual Staff
- Multiple Swimming Pools
- Non-Motorized Water Sports
- On-Site Travel Agency
- Outdoor Pool
- Properties with Word of Mouth Testimonials
- Public Internet Access (+)
- Room Service
- Room Service Included
- Sauna (+)
- Spa Services (+)
- Steam Room (+)
- Sun Deck
- Sundry Shop (+)
- Swim-Up Bar
- Tennis Courts
- Top 10 Hotel
- Valet Parking (+)
- Wake-Up Service
- Water Sports (+)
- Wedding Services (+)
- Wheelchair Access Elevator
- Wireless Internet (+)
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply