Viva Wyndham Azteca is at the Playacar complex in the Riviera Maya, two miles from Playa del Carmen, and 35 miles from the Cancun International Airport. This 30,000 square meter resort boasts 100 meters of beautiful white sandy beach. Viva Wyndham Azteca is the ideal resort for your dream vacation! Here you will find a stunning white sand beach, lush tropical gardens, and 24-hour all-inclusive service, plus the friendliness and fun that are the trademarks of Mexico.
Why Stay Here
- Walking Distance from Playa del Carmen
- Free Bicycles Available
- Full Access to all Facilities and A La Carte Restaurants Available at Viva Wyndham Maya. There is a Total of Eight Restaurants to Choose From
- All-Inclusive Resort, Small Enough to Offer Personalized Services and Amenities
- Beach Front Resort With Ocean Front Pool
- Free Honeymoon Package and Wedding Options
- Family Rooms Offering More Space With Two Connecting Rooms
- Free Wi-Fi in Designated Public Areas
- Celiac Menu Available
- Full Service Spa Available at Extra Charge
This property sits on a beautiful white sand beach in the incredible Riviera Maya. Its rooms are housed in several 3-story buildings surrounded by lush tropical vegetation, creating a wonderful escape. Tempt your palate at one of the four restaurants or the snack bar or sample a cocktail at one of the bars. Whether you want to partake in one of the many daily activities or lounge on the stunning beach - Viva Wyndham Azteca will make your holiday complete.
Stay at One Resort, Play at Two
Wyndham Azteca resort also offers easy access to their sister property, Viva Wyndham Maya. In addition to the facilities, Guests can also enjoy the La Terraza, Hacienda Don Diego, and Portofino restaurants. Reservations are required, and space is limited. In the evenings, choose from nightly entertainment, exciting theme parties and dancing at the disco located at Viva Wyndham Maya.
Your All-Inclusive Plan Includes: Unlimited meals including breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffet; Unlimited beverages including alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and wine with dinner; Full bar service and snacks 24 hours a day. Guests can also enjoy La Terraza, Hacienda Don Diego, and Portofino a la carte restaurants at the sister property Viva Wyndham Maya Reservations are required, and space is limited. Access to discotheque located at Viva Wyndham Maya. Use of illuminated tennis court and state-of-the-art fitness center. Kids Club with supervised activities for ages 4-12. Daily entertainment and activities program. Guests staying at Viva Wyndham Azteca can enjoy all of Viva Wyndham Maya`s facilities as well as the fantastic Viva Circus Nightly shows and entertainment. Activities include aerobics, stretching, bicycling, beach volleyball, scuba classes at pool, mini-soccer and bocce ball on the beach. Non-motorized water sports including kayaking, snorkeling, equipment, boogie boarding, sailing and windsurfing. All taxes and gratuities included. One can also check out the nearby 18-hole championship Playa Del Carmen golf course.
With 335 beautiful rooms, the Azteca resort`s intimate size affords Guests personalized service and a relaxing atmosphere. Unwind in your comfortable room with thoughtful amenities such as satellite TV, telephone, bathroom with tub and shower, iron/ironing board, beach towels, separated vanity with hair dryer, safe box and mini-bar.
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
The hotel is located right on the beach, and it offers a fresh water pool with ocean front, whirlpool, cocktail and snack bar and four restaurants:
- El Nopal is the International Buffet Restaurant with Theme Dinners and Diet Corner (no reservation required).
- Il Palco is A Italian An La Carte Restaurant (open for dinner, reservations required).
- Bamboo is the Oriental A La Carte Restaurant (open for dinner, reservations required).
- Xul Ha is the Name of Their Mayan A La Carte Restaurant (open for dinner, reservations required).
- In Addition, Guests are Able to Enjoy, at No Additional Charge, the Don Diego Mexican Restaurant the Portofino Mediterranean Restaurant, Miramare and the Fusion Restaurant, Viva Cafe at the Sister Resort, Viva Wyndham Maya (reservations required, limited availability).
- Reservations are Limited and Depend on the Length of the Stay.
- Full Bar Service and Snacks 24 Hours a Day.
For the Family
- Kids Club Supervised Activities, for Ages 4-12.
Pools & Spas
Fresh Water Pool Relax and Rejuvenate at the Spa
The Renova Spa at their sister property, Viva Wyndham Maya, offers a refreshing natural atmosphere with stunning Caribbean architecture. Natural stone tiling on the floors and walls inside the building and a traditional cottage roof create a charming retreat where Guests of both resorts can relax, as they refresh their bodies and their spirits.
Classic Wedding Package (Us$900) Includes:
- Decoration with Seasonal Flowers
- Bride Bouquet
- Groom Boutonniere
- Wedding Cake
- Sparkling Wine
- Music for Ceremony
- Wedding Coordinator
- 10 Pictures of the Ceremony
- Room Upgrade (Upon Availability)
- Late Check out for Bride and Groom (Upon Availability)
- Welcome Gift for Bride and Groom
- In-room Continental Breakfast for the Newlyweds
- 10% Discount for the Couple at the Beauty Salon
- Reservation at One of the a La Carte Restaurants
- For Groups over 11 People a Preset Menu Is Offered
- Optional Services with Additional Charge
- Legal Ceremony Available with additional charge.
Pre-hispanic Wedding Package (Us$1,518) Includes Everything in the Classic Wedding Package Plus:
- Mayan Decoration
- Ceremony Is Performed in Mayan Language
- Traditional Offerings
- Live Ritual Music During the Ceremony.
To celebrate this traditional Mayan Ceremony, it is necessary to have a Chaman or Mayan Minister present in order to unify the couple. The Chaman is chosen in a Choice of God meeting with representatives who have knowledge and experience in religious acts. The ritual consists of various steps: Mutual Acceptance, Purification, Offering and Union and benediction of the couple.
The ceremony is transcendental, where the family and friends participate and share with the couple their unforgettable experience. The advice of the Chaman reflects the incredible energy and creates a magical confirmation of their union in front of the universe. It is unified with the fertility dance.
Free Honeymoon Package:
- For a Minimum of Four Days and Three Nights Stay, Your Clients Will be Able to Enjoy, at No Additional Charge the Following Package:
- Upgrade to a Higher Category Room, Based on Hotel Availability,
- A Bottle of Champagne / Sparkling Wine,
- A Fruit Basket,
- An Hors d`Ouvres Tray,
- A 7 x 4 Picture,
- Two T-Shirts,
- All-Inclusive Package.
- Copy of the Marriage Certificate Required Upon Check-In, and Within Six Months of Marriage.
Entertainment & Activities
Fitness lovers who want to stay in shape while on vacation can take advantage of the chance to burn some calories in the state-of-the-art fitness room, or join the staff for water aerobics, bicycling, aerobics, stretching, or yoga. Afterward, soothe your muscles in the sauna, Jacuzzi or steam bath. Viva Wyndham`s Kids` Retreat is included in the all-inclusive plan along with table tennis, boogie boards, snorkeling equipment, introductory scuba diving lessons, water polo, beach volleyball, and bocce ball on the beach. They also offer an illuminated tennis court and a discotheque located at the sister property, where you can dance the night away. In the evenings, choose from nightly entertainment, exciting theme parties and dancing at the disco located at Viva Wyndham Maya.
Viva Boomer (Senior Program)
- Personalized Check In.
- Priority Luggage Delivered to the Room.
- Room Upgrade (Subject to availability)
- In-Room Welcome Amenities.
- Books and Board Games of Your Choice
- Dance Classes (upon request)
- Priority at A La Carte Restaurant Reservations
- Ten Percent Discount in Affiliated Stores
- Ten Percent Discount on Meals and Beverages Additional to the All- Inclusive Package
- Late Check-Out (Subject to availability)
- Valid for US Residents Only.
- Available for Guests 60 Years and Older. ID Required Upon Check-In
- It Must Be Requested at the Moment that Reservation is Booked.
- Participating Affiliated Stores are Identified With the Viva Wyndham Logo
Environmental fee of $1.10 per room per night will be charged at check in.
Viva Boomer - Free Senior Program
- Personalized Check In
- Priority Luggage Delivered to the Room
- Room Upgrade (Subject to Availability)
- In-room Welcome Amenities
- Books and Board Games of Your Choice
- Dance Classes (upon Request)
- Priority at a La Carte Restaurant Reservations
- 10 % Discount in Affiliated Stores
- 10% Discount on Meals and Beverages Additional to the All-inclusive Package
- Late Check-out (Subject to Availability)
- Valid for Us Resident Only.
- Available for Guests 60 Years and Older. Id Required upon Check-in
- It Must Be Requested at the Moment That Reservation Is Booked.
- Participating Affiliated Stores Are Identified with the Viva Wyndham Logo
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- AAA Approved
- Attraction Tickets Available
- Babysitting (+)
- Banquet Facility
- Beauty Shop/Salon (+)
- Children's Play Area
- Children's Program
- Gift Shop on Property (+)
- Guest Activity Desk
- Guests Under 25
- Interior Corridors
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub
- Medical Services (+)
- Multilingual Staff
- Non-Motorized Water Sports
- On-Site Travel Agency
- Outdoor Pool
- Safe deposit box (+)
- Security Guard
- Stay at 1-Play at 2
- Sun Deck
- Volleyball Court
- Wake-Up Service
- Water Sports (+)
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply