Sandos Caracol Eco Resort boasts a beachfront location in the Xcalacoco area, just 7.9 km/4.9 miles north of Downtown Playa del Carmen in the heart of the Riviera Maya. This all-inclusive resort is filled with lush jungle and mangrove forest, and is home to thriving local wildlife. Cancun International Airport is 51.9 km/32 miles away.
Why Stay Here
- Four Star Resort
- Unique Location next to Jungle and Ocean
- Eco Oriented
- Aqua Park
- Something for Everyone
Nothing says nature like waking up to the sounds of wildlife at Sandos Caracol Eco Resort in Playa del Carmen. Children are a definite priority at Sandos Caracol, which offers a Kids Club for games and crafts, and an exciting program for teens. Topping it off, everyone is sure to love the water park with 29 water slides and wet-and-wild fun for kids, teens and grown-ups.
Set on the warm white sands of Playa del Carmen, the resort is home to crystal clear cenotes, mangrove forests and lush jungle. The all-inclusive plan at Sandos Caracol lets you indulge in an extensive list of restaurants and bars scattered throughout the resort. During the day, choose between the secluded chill-out pool and the exciting main pool with kids area, and visit the theater in the evenings for night time shows.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Resort
- Elegant Accommodations with Private Balcony or Terrace
- In-Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fan, Satellite Color TV, Radio Alarm Clock, Telephone, Mini-bar with Mineral Water, Soft Drinks and Beers (replenished every two days) and Safe Deposit Box ($)
- Free Wi-Fi in Certain Public Areas
- All Meals (buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and buffet dinner), Snacks and Dinner in the Specialty A La Carte Restaurants
- Unlimited National and Imported Drinks, Including in the Disco. Drinks Available on the Complex 24 Hours a Day
- Eight Restaurants Including Six A La Carte
- Ten Bars Including One Swim-Up Bar, One Sports Bar and One Snack Bar
- Night Club
- Two Pools
- Water Park with 29 Total Water Slides for Little Kids, Big Kids and Adults
- Activity Program with a Team of Entertainers: Guided Walks, Darts, Petanque, Table Tennis, Dance Classes, Billiards, Football, Basketball, Aerobics, Beach Activities
- Pool Games and Water Aerobics, Water Polo, Beach Volleyball and Water Volleyball
- Water Sports: Boogie Board, Windsurfing, Sailing and Kayaking (subject to ocean conditions - lessons not included)
- Snorkeling Gear and Introductory Scuba Diving Lesson in Pool
- Tennis (unlimited use of courts during opening hours). Includes Use of Equipment (balls and rackets). Appropriate Attire Required
- Gym: Free Use of Exercise Equipment, Sauna, Steam Room and Jacuzzi
- Spa ($)
- Kids Club (4-12 Years Old) and Teens Activities (13-17 Years Old)
- Nightly Entertainment: Cabaret Shows, Music Halls and Theme Nights. (Mayan performances in natural outdoor locations)
- Tennis (unlimited day and night use within schedule of operation, on a first come first served basis). Includes Equipment (balls and rackets), Proper Attire and Court Shoes Required
- All Gratuities Included
- Single Parents Traveling with Either One or Two Children are Welcome to All Stay in One Room Together
- Honeymooners Free Added Values: Fruit Basket, One Bottle of Sparkling Wine and Free Upgrade (subject to availability)
- Air Conditioning
- Balcony or Terrace
- Laptop-Size Safe
- Clock Radio with Alarm
- Hair Dryer
- Cable TV
- Garden, Pool or Jungle View
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
- La Laguna - International Buffet
- La Toscana - Italian Specialties Buffet
- Las Máscaras - Mexican Buffet
A La Carte:
- Salvia - Vegan restaurant
- El Templo - Teppanyaki
- Fogo do Brazil - Brazilian Rodizio
- La Riviera - Mediterranean Cuisine
- La Toscana - Italian Cuisine
- Los Lirios - Steak & Fish Club
- Mapache Chill Out - Bar
- El Manglar - Sports Bar
Reservations required only at El Templo.Dress Code:
Casual attire. Casual elegance in the evening, dress shorts are allowed. No swim wear, or bare feet allowed in the restaurants.Spa:
You can treat all your senses and relax in the most soothing ambience at the relaxing spa with its sauna and thermal bath circuit. Facilities: 16 cubicles, beauty salon, eco-massage area in an outdoor palm shelter, hydrotherapy zone, cervical water jets, bubble beds, pebble river and beach facilities. The sauna, steam bath, hydrotherapy zone and gym are all included features for guests ages 18 and up.
For the Family
The hotel is perfect for kids and adults alike, including a daily program of thrilling eco activities like floating along a river through the mangrove, swimming in the central cenote, Mayan cooking lessons, jungle survival skills and more, in addition to nighttime Mayan shows in stunning outdoor locations. Children will also love the Baby Club and the Kids Club, as well as a kiddie area in the main pool.
Eco – Tour: Sandos Caracol Eco Resort offers several eco activities designed especially for kids, like the Animal Keeper activity where kids can feed and learn about the rescued animals we have living at the resort.
Eco - Activities for Kids: Focused on teaching our children to live in harmony with nature, to take care of the environment and also in order to learn about the plants and animals of the region. We prepared several activities especially for children.
Romantic Boat Ride: Perfect for couples! A guide will take you on a canoe ride through the natural waterways of the resorts lush mangrove forests. See nature from a different point of view and enjoy a romantic setting.
Snorkeling in the Cenote: Right at the heart of the resort, youll see a large cenote (natural spring) with crystal clear waters. Snorkeling gear is available so you can explore the beauty of this natural phenomenon.
Pools & Spas
Main swimming pool by the beach with swim-up bar, games and a kiddie area. Relaxation pool with poolside bar in a quiet area of the resort.
Sandos Caracol Eco Resort Weddings Offered Include: Caribbean Fantasy, Emerald Breeze and Green Weddings.
The property also offers the following: South Asian Weddings, LGBT Weddings, A la Carte Weddings and a Honeymoon Package.
Sandos Weddings Incentive $2,000 OFF (180 rooms Min Stay)
More Info: email@example.com
The Grand Coral Golf Club is located next to the Sandos Caracol Eco Experience Resort. Designed by Nick Price, this 18-Hole, Par-71 course is the legend`s most golfer-friendly creation. You can even enjoy the modern club house and an exclusive beach club.
Nearby Plaza 28 De Julio Park, El Fargo Lighthouse, and Xcaret Maya Ruins.
Renovations at Sandos
As you know, Sandos Caracol will continue the renovation in rooms in the Family Section at Sandos Caracol Eco Resort to turn them into the ideal rooms catering to all families needs and comfort.
The third phase of this renovation will be starting on the 6th of August 2018 and will be finished by the 16th of December 2018.
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Babysitting (+)
- Barber Shop (+)
- Beauty Shop/Salon (+)
- Business Services (+)
- Car Rental Desk (+)
- Children's Play Area
- Children's Program
- Concierge Desk
- Currency Exchange
- Dry Cleaning Service (+)
- Exterior Corridors
- Fine Dining
- Fishing (nearby) (+)
- Fitness Facility
- Free Parking
- Gift Shop on Property (+)
- Golf (nearby) (+)
- Guest Activity Desk
- Handicap Services
- Horseback Riding (nearby) (+)
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub
- Kiddie Pool
- Massage Therapist (+)
- Medical Services (+)
- Multilingual Staff
- Multiple Swimming Pools
- Night Club
- Non-Motorized Water Sports
- On-Site Travel Agency
- Outdoor Pool
- Public Internet Access (+)
- Security Guard
- Spa Services (+)
- Steam Room
- Sun Deck
- Sundry Shop (+)
- Swim-Up Bar
- Tennis Courts
- VIP Rooms
- Volleyball Court
- Wake-Up Service
- Water Sports (+)
- Wedding Services (+)
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply