Why Stay Here
Attend one of the hotel`s weekly theme parties: either one of their Mexican Fiestas, with folkloric dancing and regional band dancing.
Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa is an All-Inclusive property that offers food and beverage, including all of the specialty restaurant and room service, excellent location in front of Palmar Bay sand main shopping area, full program of both day and nighttime activities, kid`s club, convention facilities and business center.
Holiday Inn Resort Presidente Ixtapa Resort offers well-appointed rooms with Mexican flair, from the red tile floors to the hammock on the balcony.
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
- La Isla Restaurant allows Guests to feel the tropical breeze while enjoying the selections prepared by their chef for breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets.
- Frutas and Flores is the only air-conditioned restaurant in the hotel; there, you can also enjoy the chef`s breakfast, lunch and dinner offerings.
- La Terraza is the perfect venue if you feel like dressing up to enjoy an exquisite a la carte dinner. Cana Brava is the daily snack area.
- The resort`s lobby bar serves national and international drinks in a family setting, featuring nightly music and entertainment.
For the Family
Daily classes on the beach at this Ixtapa luxury hotel benefit from the stunning backdrop of the Sierra Madre del Sur mountains. The hotel offers enough to fill your itinerary, but should you want to venture out into the city, you`ll find swimming with dolphins, a crocodile habitat and shopping just minutes away.
Pools & Spas
Entertainment & Activities
- Chiqui Club offers both fun and educational activities, many with a Mexican theme
- Kids are taught basic Spanish and authentic Mexican songs and dances in addition to playing Mexican games
- Activities start at 10:00am
- Children from 4 to 11 years old
- Pool games, beach volleyball (with water balloons), dance contest, movies, beach games, sand castles, water polo, beach soccer, etc.
- Temple of the Mayan Goddesses
- El Palmar beach
- Playa del Palmar
- Garrobos - It`s downtown near the Naval Sector offices and pier, so you might like a stroll after dinner. The specialty of Garrobos is seafood, with fresh fish brought in every day. The menu also features meat and poultry.
- La Perla Restaurant - La Perla is Zihuatanejo`s most highly recommended beachfront restaurant. No frozen seafood served here. Only fresh oysters, shrimp, lobster, octopus, red snapper, mahi mahi, tuna and a variety of other seafood caught in local waters are served daily.
- La Sirena Gorda - A favorite with locals and fishermen. This cafe style restaurant does the most famous fish tacos in town. Also check out their ceviches, marinated raw seafood.
- Los Braseros - Pease be aware that some sauces can be very spicy. This long established eatery is very popular with locals. Its menu has 100 dishes. Eat here to find out what tacos are all about.
- Tamales y Atoles Any - Very good prices. You can easily have a very satisfying meal for 15 USD or less. Classic Mexican fare. Pozole is on the menu here, which in Guerrero is traditionally only served on Thursday. Pozole is made with pork or chicken and hominy grits in flavored broth.
- Bandidos - Dance to DJ Doro`s tropical rhythms as well as live music, including salsa and merengue. Mingle with the locals and enjoy refreshing cold drinks in this Mexican restaurant across from the church and the artisans` handicraft market. There is live music and sports on satellite TV.
- Bogart`s - To suit the Casablanca decor, you may want to wear white clothing. An evening meal at Bogart`s is like a night in Morocco, with the fabulous atmosphere of this Casablanca themed restaurant guaranteeing a fun night out.
- El Amuleto - A deposit may be required if a party is over 7 people. Luxurious and romantic gourmet dining in an open air garden under the stars. Has lovely food and a spectacular view from the hillside overlooking Zihuatanejo Bay.
- Il Mare Ristorante Taverna - Perched on a cliff at La Madera beach overlooking the beautiful waters and beaches of Zihuatanejo Bay. Il Mare specializes in Italian cuisine and has a lovely atmosphere with a beautiful view of Zihuatanejo town. Serves pastas and seafood.
- Las Escolleras - Try and go there early to catch the sunset. Great restaurant located up in the hills with a mesmerizing view of Zihuatanejo.
- Restaurant La Casa Que Canta - Arrive early to get a prime ocean view table. The authenticity of its renowned cuisine relies mainly on traditional seafood Mexican dishes. A choice of local and international wines is available to accompany your meal. People under 18 are not allowed.
- Casa Bahia - Great restaurant with a spectacular view of Zihuatanejo Bay. The specialty dish is atun al negro, blackened tuna steak. In the early evening you can catch a glimpse of the Sunset Cruise boats that take tourists for tours.
- Coconuts - A definite in place, perfect for a delicious meal, fine drinks, and meeting new people. Locals and visitors alike come here, and keep coming back. Open from October to May only. Try the fresh fish fillet with sauteed shrimp.
- Kau-Kan - Exquisite gourmet dining overlooking Madera Beach and Zihuatanejo Bay. During the day enjoy the shaded downstairs terrace with its spectacular view of the bay and town. At night, dine upstairs under the open sky for romantic sunsets and glittering stars.
- El Faro - Enjoy seafood delights complemented by a fine selection of wines. La Cala Restaurant and Bar is a paean to refined simplicity and an unrivaled romantic hideaway. Arrive early to see the beautiful sunset, where copper hued light sparkles on the water.
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply