Located in Langosta Beach, Tamarindo Bay in the province of Guanacaste, with endless natural beaches of exceptional beauty and rich flora and fauna. 42.1 miles from the Liberia International Airport (LIR).
This area boasts an important number of protected areas including water, land, mountain, and coastal ecosystems that are teaming with life. There is an array of white-sand beaches and calm, intense-blue waters.
Guanacaste is preferred by visitors seeking for relaxation, health, culture, adventure and nature, as well as sports and recreation.
Why Stay Here
- The Occidental Tamarindo (formerly Barcelo Langosta Beach) is the Only All-Inclusive Resort in Popular Tamarindo Bay
- The Hotel has Received the CST 5-Leaf Certification of Sustainability and Ecological Responsibility from the Costa Rican Tourism Board
- Great for Families
- Great for Couples and Romance
- Great Destination for Surfers
Occidental Tamarindo is one of the most popular resorts in Guanacaste and has been awarded the prestigious 5-star Blue Flag status, which certifies the safety and cleanliness if its beaches. Its complete all-inclusive service, spa, gym and restaurant make it an amazing vacation spot. Add amazing location close to the exciting night life of Tamarindo beach and you get an unforgettable experience.
The resort is ideal for families or couples on a romantic getaway, boasting the convenience of an all-inclusive plan and offering a wide variety of activities from relaxation to adventure and surfing. The hotel is at an ideal location for surfing/kayaking enthusiasts due to the exceptional quality of the water. The hotel features two swimming pools, one of which is for children.
Other services available at Occidental Tamarindo not part of the all-inclusive plan:
- Dining at A-La-Carte Restaurant (reservation required)
- Room Service
- Internet Access
- International Beverages
- Medical Services
- Rent a Car Services
- Spa and Beauty Parlor
- Souvenir Store
- 18-Hole Golf Course Nearby
- Currency Exchange
- Activity Center
- All Meals Including Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in the Buffet Restaurant
- Unlimited Snacks at Las Baulas Snack Bar
- Unlimited Cocktails and Alcoholic Beverages with National Liquors [does not include premium liquors]
- Unlimited Soft Drinks, Fruit Juices and Draft Beer
- One A-La-Carte Dinner at Oceano for Every Three Nights Stay. Oceano is Available Other Nights at an Additional Cost
- Beach Volleyball, Kayaks, Chess, Darts, Foosball, Karaoke
- Daily Activities Program
- Live Music, Dance Classes and Aerobics
- Nightly Entertainment
- Children`s Playground
- Gratuities Included
The resort features 198 spacious; comfortable rooms that all open up to private balconies or terraces. All rooms are air conditioned and have Wi-Fi available at an additional cost. Bedding includes either one king bed or two double beds. The Superior Rooms also feature complete bathrooms with a hairdryer, magnifying mirror and an iron/ironing board. Other features include coffee maker, Espresso machine, cable TV, telephone, minibar and a safe.
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
At Occidental Tamarindo you have a selection of three specialty restaurants. Reservations are required at the a la carte restaurant. Listed opening hours are subject to change.
- Langosta -The buffet restaurant features different themed nights from Spanish paella to traditional Mexican tacos. Breakfast: 7:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M.Lunch: 12:30 P.M. to 3:00 P.M.Dinner: 7:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
- Oceano - This a-la-carte restaurant serves international cuisine with seafood specialties. The restaurant features two seating sections, one with soft background music inside the restaurant, the other seated on the balcony, across from the amphitheater. You can enjoy shows while you dine. You will receive one a la carte dinner at Oceano every three nights stay. Oceano is available any other night at an additional cost.Open: 7:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M.
- Las Baulas - Offering a wide variety of snacks and is located right by the swimming pool. You can enjoy live music and activities in the afternoons.Open: 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
- La Tortuga - Resort`s lobby bar, where you can sip on a wide selection of cocktails while enjoying relaxing sea views. Each night you can unwind by listening to live music.Open: 5:00 P.M. to 12:00 A.M.
For the Family
- Nanny ($ upon request)
- Additional Beds and Cribs for Babies (subject to availability)
- This Spectacular Complex Features Sport Facilities for Staying in Shape Even on Vacation, as well as a Tennis Court or Ping Pong Table to Spend Pleasant Times. Plus, Guests can Participate in Various Water Sports, Thanks to its Proximity to the Ocean, Including Kayaking, Snorkeling, Scuba Diving and Canoeing. Soccer and Volleyball are Classic Sports to Play on the Beach. ($)
- A Giant Chess Set Will Delight the Whole Family, as this is a Game that Stimulates Cognitive and Sensory Development as well as Offering Unlimited Fun.
Pools & Spas
- One Swimming Pool for all Ages
- One Pool for Kids
- The Whirlpool is the Favorite Spot for Those Who Wish to Unwind and Enjoy a Moment of Relaxation
- The Spa at Occidental Tamarindo Offers Various Body and Facial Treatments that will Leave you Feeling Refreshed. Treatments Include Exfoliations, Body Wraps, Massages and Various Facial Treatments. Please Note that Spa Treatments are not Included as Part of Your All-Inclusive Plan. ($)
- 18-Hole Golf Course Nearby
Entertainment & Activities
- The Entertainment Offering Is Extensive and Diverse, Designed for the Whole Family. The Team of Professionals from the Hotel Offers Different Outdoor Activities for Children from 10:A.M. To 1:00 P.M. And an Evening Show for Children from 8:15 P.M. To 9:15 P.M.
- You Can Enjoy a Refreshing and Entertaining Experience in the Pool Area by Taking Part in the Dance and Aerobic Classes.
Distances in miles:
- 42.1 Liberia International Airport (LIR)
- 51.7 Nacascolo Beach. Swimming, hiking, and diving.
- 44.7 Coco Beach. Sportfishing, diving, boat excursions, hiking and horseback riding, night entertainment.
- 44.7 Hard Rock Cafe, Guanacaste
- 64 Rincon de La Vieja National Park. Horseback riding, canopy, tubbing, hot springs.
- 27.6 Ocotal Beach. Swimming, sunbathing, and water sports including, diving and sportfishing.
- 16.1 Flamingo Beach. Swimming, night entertainment.
- 13.5 Playa Conchal. Swimming, hiking, horseback riding, boat excursions, and other water sports, including diving.
- 31.8 Diria National Park. Hiking and wildlife viewing.
- 11.6 Las Baulas National Marine Park. Turtle conservation (seasonal, October - February).
- 70.9 Guanacaste National Park. Hiking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 74 Santa Rosa National Park. Hiking, surfing.
- 11.8 Hacienda Pinilla Golf Course
- 54.2 Palo Verde National Park. Hiking, biking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 43.6 Barra Honda National Park. Hiking, caverns exploring, observation of flora and fauna.
- 83.3 Blue River Hot Springs
- 84.6 Miravalles Volcano
- 107 Tenorio Volcano National Park. Hiking, rafting, hanging bridges, Rio Celeste waterfall.
- Samara Beach. Sunbathing, hiking, horseback riding, swimming, stand-up paddling, fishing, mountain biking, boat rides or ocean kayaking.
- 45 Nosara Beach. Horseback riding, kayaking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 102 Arenal Lake. Fishing, kite surfing.
- 102 Monteverde Cloudforest Biological Preserve. Canopy, hiking, rappel, hanging bridges, tree-climbing, canyoning, zip-lining.
- 123 Arenal Volcano
- 169 Poas Volcano
- 161 San Jose City
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Babysitting (+)
- Basketball Court
- Beach Access
- Beach Bar
- Beauty Shop/Salon (+)
- Business Services (+)
- Car Rental Desk (+)
- Children's Play Area
- Children's Program
- Complimentary Coffee
- Concierge Desk
- Dry Cleaning Service (+)
- Fitness Facility
- Free Parking
- Gift Shop on Property (+)
- Golf (nearby) (+)
- Handicap Services
- Horseback Riding (+)
- Ice Machine
- Massage Therapist (+)
- Multilingual Staff
- Non-Motorized Water Sports
- Public Internet Access (+)
- Room Service (+)
- Spa Services
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Courts
- Wedding Services (+)
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply