Located on Tamarindo Bay in the province of Guanacaste, with endless natural beaches of exceptional beauty and rich flora and fauna. Two km. from Tamarindo, Guanacaste. 70 km. From Liberia InternationalAirport [LIR].
Why Stay Here
- The Occidental Tamarindo [formerly Barcelo Langosta Beach] is the Only All-Inclusive Resort in Popular Tamarindo Beach
- The Hotel has Received the CST 5-Leaf Certification of Sustainability and Ecological Responsibility from the Costa Rican Tourism Board
- Great for Families
- Great for Couples and Romance
Occidental Tamarindo is one of the most popular resorts in Guanacaste and has been awarded the prestigious 5-star Blue Flag status, which certifies the safety and cleanliness if its beaches. Its complete all-inclusive service, spa, gym and restaurant make it an amazing vacation spot. Add amazing location close to the exciting night life of Tamarindo beach and you get an unforgettable experience.
Other services available at Occidental Tamarindo not part of the all-inclusive plan:
- Dining at A-La-Carte Restaurant [reservation required]
- Room Service
- Internet Access
- International Beverages
- Medical Services
- Rent a Car Services
- Spa and Beauty Parlor
- Souvenir Store
- 18-Hole Golf Course Nearby
- Currency Exchange
- Activity Center
- All Meals Including Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in the Buffet Restaurant
- Unlimited Snacks at Las Baulas Snack Bar
- Unlimited Cocktails and Alcoholic Beverages with National Liquors [does not include premium liquors]
- Unlimited Soft Drinks, Fruit Juices and Draft Beer
- One A-La-Carte Dinner at Oceano for Every Three Nights Stay. Oceano is Available Other Nights at an Additional Cost
- Beach Volleyball, Kayaks, Chess, Darts, Foosball, Karaoke
- Daily Activities Program
- Live Music, Dance Classes and Aerobics
- Nightly Entertainment
- Children`s Playground
The resort features 198 spacious; comfortable rooms that all open up to private balconies or terraces. All rooms are air-conditioned and have Wi-Fi available at an additional cost. Bedding includes either one king bed or two double beds. The Superior Rooms also feature complete bathrooms with a hair-dryer, magnifying mirror and an iron/ironing board. Other features include air conditioning, coffee maker, cable TV, telephone, minibar and a safe.
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
At Occidental Tamarindo you have a selection of three specialty restaurants. Reservations are required at the a la carte restaurant. Listed opening hours are subject to change.
Langosta -The buffet restaurant features different themed nights from Spanish paella to traditional Mexican tacos.
Breakfast: 7:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M.
Lunch: 12:30 P.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Dinner: 7:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
Oceano - This a-la-carte restaurant serves international cuisine with seafood specialties. The restaurant features two seating sections, one with soft background music inside the restaurant, the other seated on the balcony, across from the amphitheater. You can enjoy shows while you dine. You will receive one a la carte dinner at Oceano every three nights stay. Oceano is available any other night at an additional cost.
Open: 7:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M.
Las Baulas - Offering a wide variety of snacks and is located right by the swimming pool. You can enjoy live music and activities in the afternoons.
Open: 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
La Tortuga - Resort`s lobby bar, where you can sip on a wide selection of cocktails while enjoying relaxing sea views. Each night you can unwind by listening to live music.
Open: 5:00 P.M. to 12:00 A.M.
For the Family
The Occidental Tamarindo is ideal for families or couples on a romantic getaway, boasting the convenience of an all-inclusive plan and offering a wide variety of activities from relaxation to adventure and surfing. The hotel is at an ideal location for surfing/kayaking enthusiasts due to the exceptional quality of the water. The hotel features two swimming pools, one of which is for children. Wi-Fi is available at an additional cost.
Pools & Spas
- One swimming pool for all ages
- One pool for kids
- The Spa at Occidental Tamarindo offers various body and facial treatments that will leave you feeling refreshed. Treatments include exfoliations, body wraps, massages and various facial treatments. Please note that Spa treatments are not included as part of your all-inclusive plan.
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Babysitting (+)
- Basketball Court
- Beauty Shop/Salon (+)
- Business Services (+)
- Car Rental Desk (+)
- Children's Play Area
- Children's Program
- Complimentary Coffee
- Concierge Desk
- Dry Cleaning Service (+)
- Fitness Facility
- Free Parking
- Gift Shop on Property (+)
- Golf (nearby) (+)
- Handicap Services
- Horseback Riding (+)
- Ice Machine
- Massage Therapist (+)
- Multilingual Staff
- Non-Motorized Water Sports
- Public Internet Access (+)
- Room Service (+)
- Spa Services
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Courts
- Wedding Services (+)
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply