Located in Langosta Beach, Tamarindo Bay in the province of Guanacaste, with endless natural beaches of exceptional beauty and rich flora and fauna. 42.1 miles from the Liberia International Airport (LIR, most recommended).
This area boasts an important number of protected areas including water, land, mountain, and coastal ecosystems that are teaming with life. There is an array of white-sand beaches and calm, intense-blue waters.
Guanacaste is preferred by visitors seeking for relaxation, health, culture, adventure and nature, as well as sports and recreation.
Why Stay Here
- The Occidental Tamarindo (formerly Barcelo Langosta Beach) is the Only All-Inclusive Resort in Popular Tamarindo Bay
- Recently Renovated
- The Hotel has Received the CST 5-Leaf Certification of Sustainability and Ecological Responsibility from the Costa Rican Tourism Board
- Great for Families
- Great for Couples and Romance
- Great Destination for Surfers
Occidental Tamarindo is one of the most popular resorts in Guanacaste and has been awarded the prestigious 5-star Blue Flag status, which certifies the safety and cleanliness if its beaches. Its complete all-inclusive service, spa, gym and restaurants make it an amazing vacation spot. Add amazing location close to the exciting night life of Tamarindo beach and you get an unforgettable experience.
The resort is ideal for families or couples on a romantic getaway, boasting the convenience of an all-inclusive plan and offering a wide variety of activities from relaxation to adventure and surfing. The hotel is at an ideal location for surfing/kayaking enthusiasts due to the exceptional quality of the water. The hotel features an outdoor pool with a special section for children.
Other services available at additional charge, not part of the all-inclusive plan:
- Foreign Liqueurs
- Golf Course (18-hole), 15 Minutes from the Resort
- Medical Service
- Hairdresser`s, Massages
- Travel Agency
- Gift Shop
- Car Rental
- Conference and Convention Rooms
- Communication Services
- Laundry Service
- Water Sports Center: Surfing, Fishing, Scuba Diving, Banana Boat, Catamaran and Kayak
- Three Meal, Buffet Style, plus, all Snacks You Want
- One Dinner Included for Every Three Nights You Stay (otherwise, additional charge applies) at the A-la-carte Restaurants.
- All House Liquors (does not include premium liquors)
- Cocktails Based on the House Liquors
- Natural Juices, Sodas, Water and House Wine
- Draft Beer
The resort features 198 spacious; comfortable rooms that all open up to private balconies or terraces. All rooms are air conditioned and have Wi-Fi available at an additional cost. Bedding includes either one king bed or two double beds. The Superior Rooms also feature complete bathrooms with a hairdryer, magnifying mirror and an iron/ironing board. Other features include coffee maker, cable TV, telephone, mini-bar with daily refill and a safe, full bathroom.
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
At Occidental Tamarindo you have a selection of three restaurants. Reservations are required at the a la carte restaurants. Listed opening hours are subject to change.
Langosta. Main Restaurant, Buffet Style.
Breakfast: 7:00 A.M. to 10:OO A.M.
Lunch: 12:30 P.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Dinner: 7:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
Oceano. A-la-carte Restaurant. One Dinner Included for Every Three Nights You Stay (otherwise, additional charge applies).
6:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
Kyoto. NEW! Japanese Restaurant, a-la-carte. One Dinner Included for Every Three Nights You Stay (otherwise, additional charge applies).
6:30 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
La Tortuga. Lobby Bar. 5:00 P.M. to 12:00 P.M.
Las Baulas. Snack Bar. 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
For the Family
- Beach Volleyball
- Giant Chess
- Live Music
- Dance Lessons
- Nightly Activities and Shows
- Karaoke in Giant Screen
- Disco Bar Waves
Pools & Spas
- One Swimming Pool for all Ages with a Sepcial Section for Kids
- The Whirlpool is the Favorite Spot for Those Who Wish to Unwind and Enjoy a Moment of Relaxation
- The Spa at Occidental Tamarindo Offers Various Body and Facial Treatments that will Leave you Feeling Refreshed. Treatments Include Exfoliations, Body Wraps, Massages and Various Facial Treatments. Please Note that Spa Treatments are not Included as Part of Your All-Inclusive Plan. ($)
- 18-Hole Golf Course Nearby
Distances in miles:
- 42 Liberia International Airport (LIR)
- 52 Nacascolo Beach. Swimming, hiking, and diving.
- 45 Coco Beach. Sportfishing, diving, boat excursions, hiking and horseback riding, night entertainment.
- 45 Hard Rock Cafe, Guanacaste
- 64 Rincon de La Vieja National Park. Horseback riding, canopy, tubbing, hot springs.
- 28 Ocotal Beach. Swimming, sunbathing, and water sports including, diving and sportfishing.
- 16 Flamingo Beach. Swimming, night entertainment.
- 14 Playa Conchal. Swimming, hiking, horseback riding, boat excursions, and other water sports, including diving.
- 32 Diria National Park. Hiking and wildlife viewing.
- 12 Las Baulas National Marine Park. Turtle conservation (seasonal, October - February).
- 71 Guanacaste National Park. Hiking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 74 Santa Rosa National Park. Hiking, surfing.
- 12 Hacienda Pinilla Golf Course
- 54 Palo Verde National Park. Hiking, biking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 44 Barra Honda National Park. Hiking, caverns exploring, observation of flora and fauna.
- 83 Blue River Hot Springs
- 85 Miravalles Volcano
- 107 Tenorio Volcano National Park. Hiking, rafting, hanging bridges, Rio Celeste waterfall.
- Samara Beach. Sunbathing, hiking, horseback riding, swimming, stand-up paddling, fishing, mountain biking, boat rides or ocean kayaking.
- 45 Nosara Beach. Horseback riding, kayaking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 102 Arenal Lake. Fishing, kite surfing.
- 102 Monteverde Cloudforest Biological Preserve. Canopy, hiking, rappel, hanging bridges, tree-climbing, canyoning, zip-lining.
- 123 Arenal Volcano
- 169 Poas Volcano
- 161 San Jose City
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Beach Access
- Beauty Shop/Salon (+)
- Business Services (+)
- Car Rental Desk (+)
- Children's Play Area
- Children's Program
- Conference Rooms (+)
- Gift Shop on Property (+)
- Golf (nearby) (+)
- Hairdresser/Barber (+)
- Ice Machine
- Massage Services (+)
- Medical Services (+)
- Multilingual Staff
- Non-Motorized Water Sports
- Spa Services (+)
- Swimming Pool
- Wedding Services (+)
- Wireless Internet (+)
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply