The Springs Resort and Spa perches one thousand feet above the Arenal Valley (northern plains) on a mountain ridge. Located 79 miles from the San Jose International Airport (SJO) and 85 miles from the Liberia International Airport (LIR).
The Northern Plains region is known for its hot springs, which provide a unique relaxing environment surrounded by local nature. It also boasts several protected areas, lakes, lagoons, volcanoes, rivers and waterfalls, nature-loving visitors can enjoy the region`s many riches.
Why Stay Here
With a spectacular view of the Arenal Volcano, natural hot and cold springs, four unique dining experiences, and an impressive full-service spa, The Springs Resort and Spa at Arenal promises to overwhelm you in every aspect of quality, service and design.
Located a thousand feet above Arenal Valley, The Springs Resort and Spa offers world class accommodations and an extraordinary view of the Arenal Volcano. The higher altitude relative to other hotels in the area allows for not only incomparable views of the volcano, the lush valley, and the surrounding towns that sparkle at night, but also access to the area`s famous prevailing breezes.
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
The Springs Resort features four on-site restaurants.
- Las Ventanas: The master chef has created a menu blending the latest fusion concepts and the finest ingredients in Costa Rica.
- Tres Cascadas: Full-service gourmet buffet. Sample to your heart`s content a complete salad bar, soups, fresh baked breads and hot entree items.
- Ginger Sushi: If it is on the menu, it is fresh! What better place to have a light, healthy snack while enjoying the view of the Volcano.
- Treetops Grill: A poolside grill with great food! Offers cliff-side and canopy views!
The resort features five on-site bars, from La Laguna Bar - a swim-up bar with dry and wet seating - to Heliciona Bar - a mellow Latin Jazz club.
Pools & Spas
The resort also features eighteen free-form, landscaped pools with great views of the volcano, temperatures ranging from 76 degrees to 103 degrees and environments that vary from raging waterfalls to tranquil forest experiences. Tests of the hot mineral springs reveal an ideal natural combination of high bicarbonate and high chlorides with relatively low sulfur content to provide a safe and clean soaking experience. Located at the base of the reception building, Las Lagunas encompasses two acres of lush landscaping and an assortment of multi-level sun and shade terraces surrounding twelve pools. Four of the pools are fed directly from the hot mineral springs. Perdido Springs is a connected system of trails and seven spring-fed pools located within a forest canyon just a short 100 meter walk from the Las Lagunas pools.
Full-service spa that encompasses an entire level. The spa reflects a commitment to provide a complete treatment experience to replenish minds, bodies and souls of guests! Massages, facials, body wraps and more are offered in a luxurious and holistic setting, administered by trained professionals with the latest technology. The Spa utilizes tropical botanical ingredients indigenous to the country as well as a variety of therapeutic volcanic clays harvested from the hot springs.
For guests who enjoy staying in shape, The Springs offers a collection of the latest technologically advanced cardiovascular and strength training equipment. The Cardio Room features an inspirational view of the volcano and the valley.
Entertainment & Activities
NEW! The resort recently opened the Club Rio Outdoor Center, located directly below the resort along its beautiful stretch of Arenal River frontage. This is a ´´Must See´´ amenity of The Springs Resort and Spa, where you will find the best of soft adventure activities in Costa Rica including Inflatable River Kayaking, River Tubing, Horseback Tours, Hiking Trails, Nature Tours, Hot Springs, Mountain Biking, Swimming and Wildlife Preserve for secured animals. It also features a new restaurant and bar, Rancho Club Rio, serving lunch and beverages. It is also available for private group events. Nowhere else in Arenal can you experience all of these activities in one day at one location.
The Springs also features a Games Level and tons of on and off-site activities. At The Springs, guests will be able to relax and rejuvenate while experiencing the natural beauty of Costa Rica!
Distances, in miles:
- 79 San Jose City International Airport (SJO)
- 85 Liberia International Airport (LIR)
- 5 Baldi Hot Springs
- 5 Tabacon Hot Springs
- 8 La Fortuna. Nature trail, hanging bridge and treetop adventures. Horseback riding, canopy. Rural tourism.
- 8 Arenal Volcano
- 35 Ciudad Quesada. Rural tourism.
- 36 Maleku Indigenous Reserve
- 41 San Carlos. Boat tours, rural tourism.
- 45 Tilaran. Bike trips horseback riding.
- 48 Arenal Lake. Fishing, kite surfing, boat tours, kayaking.
- 52 Tenorio Volcano National Park. Hiking, rafting, hanging bridges, Rio Celeste waterfall.
- 55 Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui. Whitewater rafting, horseback riding, boat tours, nature trail, hanging bridge and treetop adventures. Canopy
- 57 Bajos del Toro. Horseback riding, cycling, trout fishing, hiking in the mountains, climbing and rappelling down waterfalls, hot springs.
- 61 La Paz Waterfalls
- 69 Monteverde Cloudforest Biological Preserve. Canopy, hiking, rappel, hanging bridges, tree-climbing, canyoning, zip-lining.
- 75 Cano Negro Wild Refuge. Horseback riding. Nature, bird and butterfly-watching.
- 77 Palo Verde National Park. Hiking, biking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 83 Miravalles Volcano
- 95 Rincon de La Vieja National Park. Horseback riding, canopy, tubbing, hot springs.
- 98 Barra Honda National Park. Hiking, caverns exploring, observation of flora and fauna.
- 101 Blue River Hot Springs
- 100 Hard Rock Cafe, Guanacaste
- 101 Coco Beach. Sportfishing, diving, boat excursions, hiking and horseback riding, night entertainment.
- 101 Guanacaste National Park. Hiking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 102 Ocotal Beach. Swimming, sunbathing, and water sports including, diving and sportfishing.
- 104 Santa Rosa National Park. Hiking, surfing.
- 88 San Jose City
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Business Center (+)
- Business Services (+)
- Cafe (+)
- Casino (+)
- Concierge Desk
- Conference Rooms (+)
- Currency Exchange
- Elevator / Lift
- Express Check-Out
- Fine Dining (+)
- Fitness Facility
- Free Hot Springs Access
- Game Room
- Guest Activity Desk (+)
- Heated Pool
- Horseback Riding (nearby) (+)
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub
- Library / Video Library
- Lounge/Bar (+)
- Luxury Resorts
- Massage Services (+)
- Mountain View
- Multilingual Staff
- Multiple Swimming Pools
- On-Site Check In
- Public Internet Access
- Restaurant (+)
- Room Service (+)
- Safe Deposit at Front Desk
- Secured Parking
- Security Guard
- Spa Services (+)
- Steam Room
- Sun Deck
- Swim-Up Bar (+)
- Swimming Pool
- Theme Pool
- Tiki Bar
- VIP Rooms
- Wake-Up Service
- Water Sports (+)
- Wedding Services (+)
- Widescreen TV
- Wireless Internet Access
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply