Located in the northern plains, 77 miles from the San Jose International Airport (SJO), the Hotel Arenal Springs offers the perfect combination of relaxation, comfort, and exuberant tropical scenery, as well as the best views of the Arenal Volcano from any vantage point on the premises. And just 5 miles away from the town of La Fortuna on the way towards the Arenal Volcano National Park.
The Liberia International Airport (LIR) is at 84 miles from this hotel.
Why Stay Here
Located in La Fortuna, at the base of the Arenal Volcano, you will be stunned by the amazing natural beauty this area has to offer.
- Free Access to the onsite Hot Springs
- Great Arenal Volcano Views
- Breakfast Included
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free Yoga Classes
Free Wi-Fi in all public areas, souvenir shop, tours desk, wedding events, are just some of the services the hotel offers to its Guests.
The Hot Springs of Arenal Springs Hotel are hundred percent natural and rich in mineral salts and ions such as Calcium (CA+2), Magnesium (Mg+2) and Chloride (CL-) as they come from underground sources of the Arenal Volcano. Due to high mineral concentration, while soaking in these waters, your skin is moisturized and refreshed.
The hot springs have been created to give you the feeling that you are in natural thermal river in the middle of the rainforest. Tropical gardens surround the river to add to the sensation. The floor of the pools is made from limestone which adds to the soothing atmosphere. The light color allows you to see your feet and verify the cleanliness of the waters.
The thermal water is naturally heated by the Arenal Volcano and its underground rivers. The water reaches the thermal pools taking advantage of the force of gravity without the need for pumping or drilling. The minerals naturally found in the water, such as calcium, magnesium, sodium bicarbonate, and chloride contribute to a complete relaxation of mind and body, promote circulation, and help to balance pH levels, liberate free radicals, soften both skin and hair, and promote better sleep. They`ve have also created special features like carefully chosen river rocks to form the bar stools of the wet bar, waterfalls to offer you a relaxing hydro-massage, and a soothing jacuzzi. The pools range in temperature from 34-40C (93-104 F) with a pH of 6.7.
The Hotel Arenal Springs Resort features its own vegetable farm with a diversity of vegetables and fruits, some of which are actually used at their restaurant, Ti-Cain. Hotel Arenal Springs invites its Guests to visit the farm to see how some of the local agriculture product is harvested.
All Junior Suites at the Hotel Arenal Springs Resort have been built facing one of the best views possible of the Arenal Volcan.
Each room is surrounded by exotic gardens, and beautiful flowers, where Costa Ricas native species of birds and animals are readily seen.
The resort also offers connecting rooms for families or friends who want to be close together. Also, each room has a private parking area located right behind it!
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
The hotel offers international and national cuisine in Ti-Cain Restaurant, Italian Restaurant, Sushi Bar and a Wet Bar.
With one of the best views of the Arenal Volcano, the restaurant offers a buffet breakfast and an a la cart menu for lunch or dinner. Their menu offers specialties in meats and seafood and a vast selection of wines. Their international chefs do an excellent job to make your dining experience one of the best in Costa Rica!
For the Family
A swimming pool and Thermal Springs are available for children and adults. The Resort has adjoining rooms for families who want to stay together.
Pools & Spas
Hotel Arenal Springs also features two swimming pools one for children and another, including a waterfall, for adults. Both have outstanding views of the Arenal Volcano and are handicap friendly. The pools are located next to the Wet Bar, where you can enjoy a tropical drink while viewing the phenomenal volcano.
The hotel has a Yoga Deck with free yoga classes are available every morning
At Natria Spa, a team of highly trained professionals in the arts of massage and various aesthetic techniques waits you. Guests can receive a massage in the indoor massage room, in a beautiful outdoor garden, or in their own room.
A great variety of adventure tours are available from this resort with a short driving distance. You can explore the Arenal Volcano National Park, do Horseback Riding Tours, Waterfall Rapelling, White Water Rafting, Biking Tours, Canopy Tours, among other adventure and soft adventure activities.
Distances, in miles:
- 77 San Jose City International Airport (SJO)
- 84 Liberia International Airport (LIR)
- 2 Baldi Hot Springs
- 4 Tabacon Hot Springs
- 5 La Fortuna. Nature trail, hanging bridge and treetop adventures. Horseback riding, canopy. Rural tourism.
- 7 Arenal Volcano
- 33 Ciudad Quesada. Rural tourism.
- 35 Maleku Indigenous Reserve
- 39 San Carlos. Boat tours, rural tourism.
- 44 Tilaran. Bike trips horseback riding.
- 47 Arenal Lake. Fishing, kite surfing, boat tours, kayaking.
- 49 Tenorio Volcano National Park. Hiking, rafting, hanging bridges, Rio Celeste waterfall.
- 53 Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui. Whitewater rafting, horseback riding, boat tours, nature trail, hanging bridge and treetop adventures. Canopy
- 54 Bajos del Toro. Horseback riding, cycling, trout fishing, hiking in the mountains, climbing and rappelling down waterfalls, hot springs.
- 57 La Paz Waterfalls
- 65 Monteverde Cloudforest Biological Preserve. Canopy, hiking, rappel, hanging bridges, tree-climbing, canyoning, zip-lining.
- 73 Cano Negro Wild Refuge. Horseback riding. Nature, bird and butterfly-watching.
- 76 Palo Verde National Park. Hiking, biking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 82 Miravalles Volcano
- 94 Rincon de La Vieja National Park. Horseback riding, canopy, tubbing, hot springs.
- 98 Barra Honda National Park. Hiking, caverns exploring, observation of flora and fauna.
- 99 Blue River Hot Springs
- 99 Hard Rock Cafe, Guanacaste
- 100 Coco Beach. Sportfishing, diving, boat excursions, hiking and horseback riding, night entertainment.
- 101 Guanacaste National Park. Hiking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 101 Ocotal Beach. Swimming, sunbathing, and water sports including, diving and sportfishing.
- 104 Santa Rosa National Park. Hiking, surfing.
- 87 San Jose City
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Car Rental Desk
- Concierge Desk
- Currency Exchange
- Express Check-Out
- Free Breakfast
- Free Hot Springs Access
- Free Parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Full Breakfast
- Gift Shop on Property
- Guest Activity Desk
- Handicap Services
- Horseback Riding (nearby)
- Ice Machine
- Kiddie Pool
- Kids Stay Free (Based on Age)
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Mountain View
- On-Site Check In
- Outdoor Pool
- Postal Services
- Public Internet Access
- Room Service
- Safe Deposit at Front Desk
- Secured Parking
- Security Guard
- Shopping (nearby)
- Shuttle To Airport (surcharge)
- Spa Services
- Sun Deck
- Tiki Bar
- Wake-Up Service
- Wedding Services
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply