Located right on the Beach at beautiful Tambor, with a Macaw breeding ground and private natural reserve, in the Puntarenas Region, on the Pacific Coast. The San Jose City International Airport (SJO) is 88 miles, plus a one hour ride by ferry boat.
Why Stay Here
The Barcelo Tambor is the perfect resort for the whole family or for a romantic getaway. With the comforts of an all-inclusive system, multiple activities available on-site, and a captivating natural environment, guests at the Barcelo Tambor will have a memorable vacation.
Immerse yourself in a resort of enchanting natural surroundings, day and night activities for all ages, and a complete All-Inclusive system to make your holiday an unforgettable one.
With the All-Inclusive Plan you get three meals: one breakfast, one lunch, and one dinner for every night that you stay in the hotel (the day that you check-in, you have lunch, and the day that you check-out, you only have breakfast included). You also have all snacks included. These meals will be buffet style and are not refundable if not consumed.
- Buffet Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included
- Unlimited Domestic Drinks, Cocktails, Beer, Juices, Soft Drinks and House Wine
- Daily Snacks
- Nightly Show, Live Music
- Daily Activities Program, Mini Golf, Tennis, Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, and More!
- One Complimentary Green Fee for Every Two Nights of Stay at Nearby Los Delfines Country Club and Golf Court
- Table Games
- Boogie Boards
- Dance Classes
- Children`s Playground
- Table Tennis
- Gratuities Included
The resort offers 402 rooms with two double beds, terrace or balcony, air conditioning, coffeemaker, cable TV, complete bathroom, hairdryer, telephone, mini-bar, security box, daily cleaning and hot water.
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
Miyako - Japanese Restaurant
A-la-carte restaurant specializing in Japanese food. Offering an imaginative menu of contemporary Japanese cooking, providing an innovative touch in the art of food in a gastronomic paradise. Requires prior booking.
El Rancho Steak House
The a-la-carte restaurant El Rancho specializes in meat and seafood. Offering succulent international cuts available and the best of the Executive Chef`s selection.
El Tucan Buffet Restaurant
The best of the all-inclusive offering is available to you. Enjoy the international food from the buffet.
Breakfast: from 7 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.
Lunch: from 12:30 P.M. to 3:30 P.M.
Dinner: from 7 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
El Palenque Snack Bar
Next to the swimming pool, with a view of the garden, enjoy a refreshing drink on the terrace on comfortable garden tables or taste the seasonal fruit buffet.
Schedule: from 12:30 P.M. to 11:00 P.M.
Cocobolo Lobby Bar
Enjoy a tasty cocktail, with screens and an excellent view of the theater where you will be able to enjoy the evening shows, either with your partner or friends.
Air-conditioned with a pool table for an additional cost, you will share some exciting games with your friends or other customers.
Schedule: from 5:00 P.M. to midnight.
Ron Pool Bar
The Ron Ron bar awaits you with refreshing drinks from the all-inclusive program or delicious cocktails. With the best activities in the swimming pool, the animation team will ensure that your stay here is fun.
PLEASE NOTE: Every schedule is subject to change by the hotel.
For the Family
- Barcy Club with the Fullest Animation Program for Children from 4 to 12 Years Old
- Teen`s House, Teens (between 13 and 17 years old) Will Find Their Corner of Fun with Fashionable Games
- Gymnasium: Cardio with Elliptical Bikes, Treadmills, Toning and Body Building Area
- Three Tennis Courts
- Soccer Pitch
- Two Multi-Use Courts
- Beach Soccer Pitch
- Beach Volleyball Court
- Giant Chess
- Billiards [$]
- Miniature Golf
- Climbing Wall
- Bungee Jumping [Trampoline]
Pools & Spas
- Two Swimming Pools Connected with a Waterfall
- One Children`s Pool
- Spa, Offering a Wide Range of Treatments
Enjoy playing golf on a beautiful and challenging course. This spectacular golf course is located in the middle of a tropical setting. The ANAGOLF [National Golf Association of Costa Rica] has certified it as one of the best golf courses in the country; a must if you are in the southern peninsula of Nicoya. This region of Costa Rica maintains its lush, green and wild appearance until well into the dry season, to the benefit of the golf course. The greens and fairways are some of the best in the country.
Here you can see one of the most impressive settings in the area full of wildlife including a large community of red-and-green macaws that nest throughout the whole course.
Entertainment & Activities
Services Available at Extra Cost:
- Room Service: 8:30 A.M. to 11:00 P.M.
- Laundry Service
- Phone Calls
- Internet and Mail
- Transportation and Tours
- Meeting Rooms
- International Beverages
- The Rancho and Grill Las Olas- A la Carte Restaurants
- Entrance to Specials Shows and Concerts in the Discotheque
- Billiard/Pool Table
- Car Rental
- Medical Service
- Aquatic Center: Deep-Sea Fishing, Scuba Diving, Horseback Riding, Snorkeling
Distances in miles:
- 9 Isla Tortuga
- 14 Montezuma Waterfall
- 18 Cabo Blanco Nature Preserve
- 23 Mal Pais
- 89 Playa Samara. Sunbathing, hiking, horseback riding, swimming, stand-up paddling, fishing, mountain biking, boat rides or ocean kayaking.
- 67 Barra Honda National Park. Hiking, caverns exploring, observation of flora and fauna.
- 83 Diria National Park. Hiking and wildlife viewing.
Plus, a ferry boat needed to these sites:
- 36 Puntarenas
- 66 Carara National Park. Hiking, birdwatching, observation of flora and fauna
- 70 Tarcoles Beach
- 78 Herradura Beach. Swimming and various water sports, golfing
- 75 Punta Leona Beaches. Swimming, sunbathing and walking
- 95 San Jose City
- 88 San Jose City International Airport (SJO)
Getting to Tambor Beach is a trip in itself. There are choices of shuttle services that can be purchased through Bookit.com which includes a one hour Ferry Boat ride across the Nicoya Gulf. Total transfer time approaches 4.5 hours. If your arrival time to the San Jose International Airport (SJO) is after 13:30 we suggest you spend your first night in San Jose City for a better overall experience. On your departure date, if your flight departs by the morning hours, we suggest to leave your hotel the day prior and spend one night in San Jose City.
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Babysitting (+)
- Basketball Court
- Beach Access
- Beauty Shop/Salon (+)
- Business Center (+)
- Car Rental Desk (+)
- Children's Play Area
- Children's Program
- Coin Operated Laundry (+)
- Complimentary Coffee
- Concierge Desk
- Currency Exchange
- Dry Cleaning Service (+)
- Fine Dining
- Fitness Facility
- Free Parking
- Full Breakfast
- Game Room (+)
- Golf (nearby) (+)
- Guest Activity Desk
- Horseback Riding (+)
- Ice Machine
- Indoor Pool
- Kiddie Pool
- Kids Club
- Massage Therapist (+)
- Medical Services (+)
- Miniature Golf
- Multilingual Staff
- Night Club
- Non-Motorized Water Sports
- Outdoor Pool
- Public Internet Access (+)
- Room Service (+)
- Swim-Up Bar
- Tennis Courts
- Wake-Up Service
- Water Sports (+)
- Wireless Internet Access (+)
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply