Rio Celeste Hideaway is a small resort-style and ecologically-oriented hotel that supplies a truly unique Rainforest experience, situated next to the Volcan Tenorio National Park, at 59.5 miles from the Liberia International Airport (LIR) in the Northern Plains of Costa Rica.
The Northern Plains region is known for its hot springs, which provide a unique relaxing environment surrounded by local nature. It also boasts several protected areas, lakes, lagoons, volcanoes, rivers and waterfalls, nature-loving visitors can enjoy the region`s many riches.
Why Stay Here
At Rio Celeste Hideaway you are only steps away from stunning blue lagoons and waterfalls.
Featuring elegant accommodations, fine cuisine, rejuvenating lush rainforest.
It is one of the top resorts in Costa Rica for honeymooners.
In a hidden rain forest, next to the Tenorio Volcano National Park, Rio Celeste Hideaway Resort has opulent bungalows with a hot tub and a plasma TV. This resort also includes an outdoor pool,, concierge service.
The air-conditioned bungalows of Rio Celeste Hideaway are decorated with warm colors, parquet floors, and elegant wood furniture. All bungalows have an iPod stand, free Wi-Fi, and a private backyard with an outdoor shower.
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
Kantala has been created to offer an exclusionary dining experience with open walls enclosed by lavish tropical plants and flowers. Kantala Restaurant provides three meals each day and treats you with delicious flavor fusing Costa Rican classic ingredients with an International flair. The restaurant provides a la carte International and National cuisine along with wonderful service characterized by the curteousness and helpfulness of the best of their staff.
For the Family
Rio Celeste`s Hideaway Resort offers a tour desk that organizes various activities, such as horseback riding, bird watching, rafting, biking, and hiking. Guests can also visit the Palo Verde National Park, the Rio Celeste waterfall, and the Arenal Volcano.
Distances, in miles:
- 59.5 Liberia International Airport (LIR)
- 5.9 Tenorio Volcano National Park. Hiking, rafting, hanging bridges, Rio Celeste waterfall.
- 26.3 Cano Negro Wild Refuge. Horseback riding. Nature, bird and butterfly-watching.
- 29.4 Maleku Indigenous Reserve
- 44.8 La Fortuna. Nature trail, hanging bridge and treetop adventures. Horseback riding, canopy. Rural tourism.
- 47.2 Tilaran. Horseback riding.
- 47.5 Baldi Hot Springs
- 51.8 Tabacon Hot Springs
- 51.5 Palo Verde National Park. Hiking, biking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 55.5 Arenal Volcano
- 56.3 Arenal Lake. Fishing, kite surfing, boat tours, kayaking.
- 58 Miravalles Volcano
- 59.2 Chato Volcano
- 62.5 Ciudad Quesada. Rural tourism.
- 62.7 Blue River Hot Springs
- 68.7 San Carlos. Boat tours, rural tourism.
- 69 Rincon de La Vieja National Park. Horseback riding, canopy, tubbing, hot springs.
- 73 Monteverde Cloudforest Biological Preserve. Canopy, hiking, rappel, hanging bridges, tree-climbing, canyoning, zip-lining.
- 73 Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui. Whitewater rafting, horseback riding, boat tours, nature trail, hanging bridge and treetop adventures. Canopy
- 74.5 Hard Rock Cafe, Guanacaste
- 75 Coco Beach. Sportfishing, diving, boat excursions, hiking and horseback riding, night entertainment.
- 75.9 Guanacaste National Park. Hiking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 76.9 Ocotal Beach. Swimming, sunbathing, and water sports including, diving and sportfishing.
- 79 Santa Rosa National Park. Hiking, surfing.
- 84 Bajos del Toro. Horseback riding, cycling, trout fishing, hiking in the mountains, climbing and rappelling down waterfalls, hot springs.
- 87.2 La Paz Waterfalls
- 80.8 Barra Honda National Park. Hiking, caverns exploring, observation of flora and fauna.
- 119 San Jose City
- 109 San Jose City International Airport (SJO)
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Breakfast Room
- Coin Operated Laundry (+)
- Complimentary Coffee
- Complimentary Use of Bathrobe
- Concierge Desk
- Continental Breakfast
- Currency Exchange
- Free Breakfast
- Free Movie Rentals
- Free Parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Full Breakfast
- Guest Activity Desk
- Handicap Services
- Horseback Riding (nearby) (+)
- Kiddie Pool
- Kids Stay Free (Based on Age)
- Lounge/Bar (+)
- Massage Services (+)
- Medical Services (+)
- Mountain View
- Multilingual Staff
- Public Internet Access
- Restaurant (+)
- Room Service (+)
- Safe Deposit at Front Desk
- Secured Parking
- Swimming Pool
- Wake-Up Service
- Wedding Services (+)
- Widescreen TV
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply