Just 13.3 miles from the Liberia (LIR) International Airport, located in Guanacaste, Costa Rica, on the Pacific Coast; where the unspoiled coastline is home to wild parrots, monkeys and sea turtles.
This area boasts an important number of protected areas including water, land, mountain, and coastal ecosystems that are teaming with life. There is an array of white-sand beaches and calm, intense-blue waters.
Guanacaste is preferred by visitors seeking for relaxation, health, culture, adventure and nature, as well as sports and recreation.
Why Stay Here
- Only for Adults
- Surrounded by a Unique, Natural Setting
- Ideal for Couples and Groups of Friends
An idyllic location surrounded by the wild, natural beauty characteristic of Costa Rica`s northern Pacific coast. Guests will feel swept away to the interior of a tropical haven while enjoying all the amenities one could imagine. Couples and friends will experience premium service, discover gourmet dining and choose from a wide variety of activities and sports at the Occidental Papagayo - Adults-Only, All-Inclusive resort, all part of a luxury all-inclusive vacation experience.
You`ll enjoy every indulgence of a luxury all-inclusive vacation while experiencing the breathtaking natural beauty of Costa Rica`s Northern Pacific Coast, where lush tropical forests and volcanic cliffs descend into sandy beaches and crystalline coves. New features recently added throughout the property for the Guest`s comfort and convenience.
Guests staying in the Premium Level enjoy access to exclusive amenities and VIP services providing an elevated luxury vacation experience including; VIP check-in, exclusive private Premium Level lounge, Premium Level Concierge to assist with restaurant and Spa reservations.
- Private Reception Area, Personal Concierge and Housekeeping Service
- Exclusive Restaurant and Preferential Booking at A-La-Carte Restaurants
- Lounge with Panoramic Views at the Bar
- Daily Buffet Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- A-La-Carte Dinner at the Specialty Restaurants (reservations required) Please Contact the Guest Services Personnel. Dress Code Observed (dinners for a la carte restaurants must be booked from the second day of your stay, and you can enjoy one dinner for every three nights of your stay)
- Unlimited Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Unlimited Juices and Soft Drinks
- Unlimited Use of Sports Facilities, Gym and Health Club
- Snorkeling Equipment, Kayaking
- Daily Activities Program by the Pool and Beach
- Welcome Cocktail
- Free Parking
- Gratuities Included
The resort features 162 elegantly appointed Deluxe rooms and Suites. All rooms include either one king bed or two double beds, air conditioning, flat Screen TV with satellite service, telephone, coffee maker, alarm-clock with iPod docking system, in-room mini-bar stocked with water and beer, safe-deposit box, iron/ironing board and either a balcony or terrace.
Guests staying in Premium Level will enjoy luxurious accommodations and amenities including king size bed, bathroom with shower or bathtub [Junior Suite, only], and a terrace or balcony, in addition to many other amenities to ensure a pleasant stay.
- Air Conditioning
- Flat Screen TV with Satellite Service
- Coffee Maker
- In-Room Dining
- Alarm-Clock with iPod Docking System
- In-Room Mini-Bar
- Safe-Deposit Box
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Nightly Turndown Service
- All-Day Assistance of a Premium Level Concierge for Reservations for Dinner, Tours, and Excursions, Spa and More
- Complimentary Wireless Internet Access
- Private Bathroom with Shower
- Premium Bath Amenities
- Balcony or Terrace
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
Whether it`s lunch by the pool, a grand Italian dinner, a Pan-Asian banquet, or sampling our grand continental buffet, the Occidental Papagayo`s 3 restaurants and snack bar cater to every Guest`s tastes. Please note the dress code at all the specialty restaurants. Gentlemen: long pants, shirt / shirt with sleeves. Ladies: long skirt, no sandals or shorts.
- L`Buffet - Serving International Dishes
- The Italian - Serving Italian Specialties A-La-Carte. Reservations are Required
- D`Oriental - Serving Asian Specialties A-La-Carte. Reservations are Required
- Snack Bar - Featuring Snacks, Drinks and Lunch Throughout the Day
- Pool Bar - Serving Drinks and Snacks
- Lobby Bar - Cocktails and Drinks
- La Disco - Drinks, Music and Dancing
Meetings & Conventions
The resort offers meeting rooms and weddings coordinator service.
Pools & Spas
- Free-Form Freshwater Swimming Pool
- Pool Concierge Drink Service
- Option of a Full-Service Spa [$]
Entertainment & Activities
- Non-Motorized Land and Water Sports Activities such as Tennis, Bocce Ball, Chess and Kayak
- Entertaining Schedule of Day Activities
- Gym and Health Club
- Full-Service Spa [$]
Wide selection of local activities such as diving, cycling, trekking, bird watching and observation of wildlife.
Distances in miles:
- 13.3 Liberia International Airport (LIR)
- 4 Nacascolo Beach. Swimming, Hiking, and Diving.
- 7.2 Coco Beach. Sport Fishing, Diving, Boat Excursions, Hiking and Horseback Riding, Night Entertainment.
- 7.2 Hard Rock Cafe, Guanacaste
- 7.4 Rincon de La Vieja National Park. Horseback Riding, Canopy, Tubbing, Hot Springs.
- 9.6 Ocotal Beach. Swimming, Sunbathing, and Water Sports Including, Diving and Sport Fishing.
- 21.5 Flamingo Beach. Swimming, Night Entertainment.
- 23.8 Playa Conchal. Swimming, Hiking, Horseback Riding, Boat Excursions, and Other Water Sports, Including Diving.
- 40.5 Diria National Park. Hiking and Wildlife Viewing.
- 41.6 Las Baulas National Marine Park. Turtle Conservation (seasonal, October - February).
- 42.1 Guanacaste National Park. Hiking, Observation of Flora and Fauna.
- 43.1 Tamarindo Beach.
- 43.8 Langosta Beach. Hiking, Surfing.
- 45.1 Santa Rosa National Park. Hiking, Surfing.
- 48 Hacienda Pinilla Golf Course
- 49.6 Palo Verde National Park. Hiking, Biking, Observation of Flora and Fauna.
- 51.4 Barra Honda National Park. Hiking, Caverns Exploring, Observation of Flora and Fauna.
- 54.4 Blue River Hot Springs
- 55.8 Miravalles Volcano
- 65 Tenorio Volcano National Park. Hiking, Rafting, Hanging Bridges, Rio Celeste Waterfall.
- 67.2 Samara Beach. Sunbathing, Hiking, Horseback Riding, Swimming, Stand-Up Paddling, Fishing, Mountain Biking, Boat Rides or Ocean Kayaking.
- 71.9 Nosara Beach. Horseback Riding, Kayaking, Observation of Flora and Fauna.
- 73.4 Arenal Lake. Fishing, Kite Surfing.
- 90 Monteverde Cloudforest Biological Preserve. Canopy, Hiking, Rappel, Hanging Bridges, Tree-Climbing, Canyoning, Zip-Lining.
- 93.7 Arenal Volcano
- 149 Poas Volcano
- 154 San Jose City
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Beauty Shop/Salon (+)
- Business Services (+)
- Car Rental Desk (+)
- Currency Exchange
- Dry Cleaning Service (+)
- Fine Dining
- Fishing (nearby) (+)
- Fitness Facility
- Free Parking
- Guest Activity Desk (+)
- Handicap Services
- Luxury Resorts
- Massage Therapist (+)
- Medical Services (+)
- Multilingual Staff
- Non-Motorized Water Sports
- Non-Smoking Property
- Public Internet Access (+)
- Room Service (+)
- Security Guard
- Spa Services (+)
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Courts
- Top 10 Hotel
- Wake-Up Service
- Wedding Services (+)
- Wireless Internet Access (+)
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply