Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort is a luxurious hotel located at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano, in the northern region of Costa Rica. Located 78 miles from the San Jose International Airport (SJO) and 81 miles from Liberia International Airport (LIR).
The Northern Plains region is known for its hot springs, which provide a unique relaxing environment surrounded by local nature. It also boasts several protected areas, lakes, lagoons, volcanoes, rivers and waterfalls, nature-loving visitors can enjoy the region`s many riches.
Why Stay Here
Member of The Leading Hotels of the World.
This luxurious resort has three-time World Travel Awards recipient and four-leaf Sustainable Tourism Certificate holder, the 102-room property offers luxurious accommodations and friendly service in a quaint tropical environment. This luxurious five star property has been rated to be the most beautiful location for natural spas and ranked as a top five worldwide honeymoon destination!
- 24-Hour Room Service
- Free Daily Hot Springs Admissions
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free Access to Gym
The Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort has been widely commended among international and national resorts alike for its continuous infrastructure improvements, for the increasing sophistication in its customer service and resort amenities and for its unwavering commitment to sustainability and the local community. The resort focuses on the highest environmental standards and offers the finest expressions of service.
Thermal Springs Area
The Tabacon experience centers on the hot thermo mineral springs that become to natural pools and cascades in the middle of the forest. The main sunbathing and swimming area features designed pools with temperatures ranging from 25 to 38 degrees Celsius (77 to 102F). The thermal and cold natural pools at Tabacon are unique in the Arenal Volcano Region and unparalleled in the world. Guests enjoy their medical and therapeutic properties, adventure seekers find them soothing and relaxing after a day outdoors in the region, children find them extremely fun and inviting, and couples and lovers find them mystical and very romantic.
An adults-only oriented hideaway for relaxation, serenity and refreshment.
Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort`s newest luxury area is the private, lush Shangri-La Gardens. In a secluded area in the upper area of the mineral springs complex, the garden is the new place for discriminating guests and luxury spa vacationers. It`ss also the perfect area to unwind after a holistic treatment at the Grand Spa and to enjoy cocktails and refreshments, served to you by the garden`s own butlers.
Shangri-La Gardens is an area of lush gardens and six natural thermal mineral spring water pools, heated naturally by the nearby Arenal Volcano, exclusively for adults.
- 42-inch Plasma TV
- Cable TV
- DVD Player
- Mini Bar
- Wired Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Cordless Telephone
- Safe Deposit Box
- Coffee Maker
- Coffee Selection
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Ironing Board
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
- Los Tucanes Restaurant- an open-air fine dining restaurant, features an exciting blend of Costa Rican and International cuisine, serving buffet breakfast and a la carte lunch and dinner. Dress Code: for evening dining gentlemen are recommended to refrain from wearing sleeveless shirts. Swimwear and flip flops are frowned upon for gentlemen and ladies.
Reservations for dinner are highly recommended.
- Ave del Paraiso- Tabacon`s casual dining restaurant, serves lunch, buffet dinner as well as a la carte selections. Tandoor Cuisine highlights the variety, overlooking lush tropical gardens and the main waterfall. Dress Code: Sitting is casual but guests are requested to wear a top, dry clothes and shoes or sandals. Reservations for dinner are highly recommended, especially during peak season.
- The Tabacon`s signature Gala Dinner with private chef and waiter is set in a private and romantic open-air bungalow surrounded by the rainforest. A 6-course menu specially prepared by one of the chefs, with the best and freshest ingredients that you will discover at that moment. Not just a private dinner but an unforgettable night. Reservations available at 17:30 and 20:00 (Dinner duration 2 hours).
- Arenal Pool Bar- the resort`s original pool bar is located at the main pool in the thermal springs area
- Cana Brava Bar- the lobby bar, offers drinks and snacks with a view of the tropical gardens
Pools & Spas
The Grand Spa
The Grand Spa taps one of the world`s most beautiful locations to offer an incomparable spa experience. Treatments are rendered in 11 open-air bungalows, all with private Jacuzzi. The Grand Spa offers a range of wet and dry treatments, including the signature Tabacon massage which begins with a series of bends and stretches to regulate the body`s flow of vital energy, and concludes with volcanic mud vigorously massaged into the body. A Hot Stone massage combines warmed volcanic stones with eucalyptus, lemon and rosemary oils. Other water therapies are also available.
Distances, in miles:
- 78 San Jose City International Airport (SJO)
- 81 Liberia International Airport (LIR)
- 4 Baldi Hot Springs
- 5 Tabacon Hot Springs
- 7 La Fortuna. Nature trail, hanging bridge and treetop adventures. Horseback riding, canopy. Rural tourism.
- 4 Arenal Volcano
- 35 Ciudad Quesada. Rural tourism.
- 32 Maleku Indigenous Reserve
- 41 San Carlos. Boat tours, rural tourism.
- 40 Tilaran. Bike trips horseback riding.
- 48 Arenal Lake. Fishing, kite surfing, boat tours, kayaking.
- 52 Tenorio Volcano National Park. Hiking, rafting, hanging bridges, Rio Celeste waterfall.
- 55 Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui. Whitewater rafting, horseback riding, boat tours, nature trail, hanging bridge and treetop adventures. Canopy
- 57 Bajos del Toro. Horseback riding, cycling, trout fishing, hiking in the mountains, climbing and rappelling down waterfalls, hot springs.
- 61 La Paz Waterfalls
- 69 Monteverde Cloudforest Biological Preserve. Canopy, hiking, rappel, hanging bridges, tree-climbing, canyoning, zip-lining.
- 75 Cano Negro Wild Refuge. Horseback riding. Nature, bird and butterfly-watching.
- 77 Palo Verde National Park. Hiking, biking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 83 Miravalles Volcano
- 95 Rincon de La Vieja National Park. Horseback riding, canopy, tubbing, hot springs.
- 98 Barra Honda National Park. Hiking, caverns exploring, observation of flora and fauna.
- 101 Blue River Hot Springs
- 100 Hard Rock Cafe, Guanacaste
- 101 Coco Beach. Sportfishing, diving, boat excursions, hiking and horseback riding, night entertainment.
- 101 Guanacaste National Park. Hiking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 102 Ocotal Beach. Swimming, sunbathing, and water sports including, diving and sportfishing.
- 104 Santa Rosa National Park. Hiking, surfing.
- 89 San Jose City
- 24 Hour Security
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Adjoining Rooms
- Audio/Visual Equipment (+)
- Babysitting (+)
- Banquet Facility (+)
- Bicycle / Scooter Rental (nearby) (+)
- Biking / Hiking Trail
- Car Rental Desk (+)
- Complimentary Coffee
- Complimentary Use of Bathrobe and Slippers
- Concierge Desk
- Continental Breakfast (+)
- Dry Cleaning Service (+)
- Exterior Corridors
- Fine Dining (+)
- Fitness Facility
- Free Hot Springs Access
- Free Morning Paper
- Free Movie Rentals
- Free Parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Full Breakfast (+)
- Gift Shop on Property (+)
- Great for Kids
- Guest Activity Desk (+)
- Handicap Services
- Heated Pool
- Honeymoon Amenities (+)
- Ice Machine
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub
- Kids Stay Free (Based on Age)
- Lounge/Bar (+)
- Luggage Storage
- Luxury Resorts
- Massage Services (+)
- Massage Therapist (+)
- Medical Services (+)
- Mountain View
- Multilingual Staff
- Multiple Swimming Pools
- On-Site Check In
- On-Site Convenience Store (+)
- Pool Area Bar (+)
- Restaurant (+)
- Room Service (+)
- Secured Parking
- Security Guard
- Spa Services (+)
- Swim-Up Bar (+)
- Swimming Pool
- VIP Rooms
- Wake-Up Service
- Wedding Services (+)
- Wheelchair Access
- Widescreen TV
- Wireless Internet
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply