Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort is located on the well-known Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste, on the Northwest Pacific Coast of Costa Rica. Just 41 miles from Liberia International Airport (LIR), surrounded by the richness of nature and embraced by the most emerald green ocean in Costa Rica.
Guanacaste is preferred by visitors seeking for relaxation, health, culture, adventure and nature, as well as sports and recreation. This area boasts an important number of protected areas including water, land, mountain, and coastal ecosystems that are teaming with life. There is an array of white-sand beaches and calm, intense-blue waters.
Tamarindo, The Most Famous Beach in Costa Rica
Tamarindo Beach offer all the amenities of a Costa Rican beach town: surf, sand, good food, music and nice people all over, where you will also find a three and a half kilometer stretch of white sand and warm blue water.
Formerly a fishermen town, Tamarindo is a beautiful beach town that is equally a tropical paradise as well as a multicultural hotspot located on the Nicoya Peninsula on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica, in the Province of Guanacaste and is the most accessible location along the northern Pacific coast of Costa Rica, with paved roads leading in and an airstrip serviced 7 days a week. Infrastructure abounds in international gourmet restaurants, bars, clothing stores, surf shops, handicrafts stores, banks, pharmacies, post office, supermarkets, doctors, dentist, rental cars, etc. As a multi-cultural community, Tamarindo boasts several restaurants, whether you like to eat Vegetarian, Costa Rican style, French, Italian or Sea Food, it is all here.
Why Stay Here
With the exotic and beautifully maintained lush tropical gardens, you will sense the natural beauty Costa Rica has to offer. The resort has a long time tradition and experience providing complete attention directly focused on detail and supplying a professional service in a relaxed and elegant environment, establishing itself as one of the most successful hotel operations in Tamarindo.
Come and enjoy the best place to spend your vacation surrounded by the warmth of the region with the perfect mixture of culture, tradition, and natural beauty that only The Classic Tamarido Diria Beach and Golf Resort can offer you.
- Best Location in Tamarindo Beach
- Centrally Located and Right on the Beach
- Walking Distance from the Main Restaurants and Souvenir Shops in Town
- Beachfront Gardens
- Beachfront Rooms Available
- Swimming Pools
- The Best Sunset of Guanacaste and the Entire Pacific Coast
- Free Wi-Fi
- Two World Class Golf Courses Nearby
This beautiful resort has been recently recognized as Green Leader, Platinum Level by TripAdvisor. With the exotic and beautifully maintained lush tropical gardens, you will sense the natural beauty Costa Rica has to offer. Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort is truly the place to forget about everything. The resort offers so many choices to relax peacefully and wind down to an enjoyable, slower pace of life.
One Resort, three Areas. A singularly and unique experience for families, couples and singles.
Family Friendly Area.
Offers a singularly family-friendly lagoon-shaped pool, surrounded within a stunning tropical garden environment and pre-Columbian sculptures.
Located directly on the beach, this one in a million beachfront area is perfect for guest looking for unforgettable sunset views. The experience is simply astonishing.
If a mature peaceful holiday is what you crave, the Tropicana area is the ultimate choice. Slip into the tranquil calm of our Only for Adults exclusive quiet area.
Boutique Casino Diria
You will find the best atmosphere and personal attention at the Boutique Casino Diria. This small, but very nice casino offers many possibilities to play either in table or multiple available slots.
Featuring 242 rooms, most of them have been recently renovated. The majority of Guest rooms offer incredible ocean views, providing picturesque sunsets, and access to Tamarindo Beach just a few steps from your hotel room. Located in three areas and four different categories.
- Electronic Door Locks
- Air Conditioning with Climate Control
- Ceiling Fan
- Free Wi-Fi
- Satellite Flat-Screen TV
- Telephone with Free International Calls
- Electronic Safe
- Docking Station Blutoth Radio
- Pod Cup Coffee Maker
- Mini Refrigerator
- Walk-in Shower
- Amenity Kit
- Espresso Machine
Located directly on the beach, this spacious beachfront green area have been completely gardened and feauture the Sunset Oceanview pool, a kids pool and is abundant in lounge chairs for tanning and yet covered in plenty of shade from palm trees.
Sunset Oceanview Rooms. These beachfront rooms are perfect for guest looking for unforgettable front-ocean sunset views. You can feel the gentle breeze from the ocean on your face and hear the sound of the waves crashing from any of our Sunset Oceanview rooms.
Standard Rooms. These rooms are located on the rear ground floor of our beachfront buildings, just steps away from the beach.
The moment you enter the grounds of the Adults Only area, you know you are somewhere special, the style and elegant decor are noticed immediately. Slip into the tranquil calm of the Adults Only area offering advantageous access to the quiet Adults Only pool.
Tropicana Poolview Rooms. These only for adults pool view rooms are located next to the Quiet Pool, inside the Only for Adults area.
In the Family area you will find the family-friendly lagoon-shaped pool (one of Costa Rica`s largest and most beautiful scenic pool) surrounded within a stunning tropical garden environment and pre-Columbian sculptures.
Family Poolview Rooms
These pool view rooms are located next to the family-friendly lagoon-shaped pool.
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort offers outstanding international cuisine to suit all tastes hosting the bars and restaurants with the best ocean front location in all Tamarindo Town.
- Matapalo - Lunch and Dinner. A-la-carte. Located Right at Tamarindo Beach Offers a Variety of International Cuisines While you Dine Under the Shade of Large Matapalo Trees.
- Diria, newly renovated - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Buffet and A-la-carte. Main Restaurant. Start your Day with a Wonderful Buffet Breakfast Offering a Large Variety of National as well as International Foods.
- Nari - Lunch and Dinner. A-La-Carte. Authentic Italian Wood Oven Pizza.
- Gallo Fino, newly renovated, now offering a complete playground onsite! An exciting dining experience for the whole family! - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. A-La-Carte. A True Costa Rican Dining Experience.
- El Pelicano, newly renovated. International Cousine. An unparalleled dining experience, El Pelicano is the culinary jewel of Tamarindo. A dining experience like no other in Tamarindo: Elegant atmosphere with a ``chic`` outdoor terrace offering a view to Tamarindo Boulevard
- Venezia - Ice Cream. A taste of Italy in Playa Tamarindo! Good gelato is characterized by its intense flavor and its super smooth and creamy texture. With a passion to be the best possible in every breath focusing on quality and flavour our team strive to take you on an experience of Italy with every moment.
- Chill Out Lounge Bar. Provides a comfortable ``Adults Only`` environment, smoothing music and a wide structure overlooking the quiet pool and the beautiful gardens of the `Tropicana` village.
- Lagoon Wet Bar. Located at the Tropical Lagoon-shaped scenic pool, this wet bar specializes in delicious tropical cocktails as you enjoy swimming or tanning at the biggest swimming pool in Tamarindo.
- Media Luna Beach Bar, newly renovated.Offering a large variety of domestic and imported liquors and an unbeatable ocean-side location to enjoy the Tamarindo`s famous sunsets over the Pacific Ocean.
- Tropicana Wet Bar. Enjoy a delicious tropical cocktail in the swim-up bar `Tropicana` while refreshing in the Quiet `Adults Only` Pool.
For the Family
- Children`s Swimming Pool
- Manicured Gardens Beach Front
- Open Terrace Restaurant Overlooking the Ocean.
Meetings & Conventions
Amphitheatre for up to 300 people with scenario.
Recently added is the new meeting room of 1690 square feet with capacity for 100 people.
Pools & Spas
The pool areas are abundant in lounges for tanning and plenty of shade from palm trees for those who prefer to limit their tanning but wish to enjoy the pool area.
- 2 Swimming Pools for Adults
- 1 Swimming Pool for Children
- Outdoor Jacuzzi
- Massage Services Available
The scenic pool is the biggest in Tamarindo, providing an exclusive upgrade atmosphere. The smooth edges and round shapes provide a unique beauty surrounded by tropical gardens and pre-Columbian sculptures.
Quiet pool, exclusive to adult guests of the Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort, the pool Tropicana is decidedly sophisticated. Guests can relax on one of several sun lounges and sun beds surrounding the pool or enjoy a cocktail at the Wet Bar Tropicana.
Beachfront Pool. Swim and relax in our ocean front pool, as you can hear the waves break only 50 feet away. You can relax oceanside, sun-soaked and exquisitely pampered, all at a vibrant location. The outdoor ocean view pool at our beachfront Resort is perfect for relaxing or enjoying an invigorating aqua workout.
Whirlpool. Relax in a uniquely private and tranquil ambiance while enjoying a hydro massage in our outdoor, not heated, hydrotherapy pool.
A hydrotherapy pool is different from a standard pool as it provides a relaxing environment. Hydrotherapy uses physical water properties, such as pressure, for therapeutic purposes. The hydrotherapy pool will rejuvenate, reinvigorate and relax your whole body.
Children`s Pool. Your children`s happiness is as important to us as it is to you. We have an independent, children`s pool for their fun and your enjoyment.
They offer wedding planning service.
Golf at Tamarindo Diria is an excellent option as Costa Rica is becoming a premier golf destination with Guanacaste leading the way. Tamarindo Diria is ideally located equidistant from 2 Golf courts: Reserva Conchal and Pinilla. Guests are entitled to play at both courts. Imagine playing golf on a course nestled between the ocean and a natural dry tropical forest bursting with wildlife such as Howler Monkeys, various birds or iguanas. There are two world-class golf courses that the hotel offers to their Guests at a special rate. Hacienda Pinilla features the 6,800-meter Audubon Society-sanctioned Mike Young designed championship course. Then there`s the challenging 18-hole, par 71 golf course, designed by Robert Trent Jones II, at Paradisus Playa Conchal.
Entertainment & Activities
- Best Spot for Surfing Lessons
- Fitness Center
- Casino. Enjoy the best games and show your skills in the blackjack table (Las Vegas rules) or at the Caribbean Stud table (5 cards Poker). If you are looking for stronger emotions, your best bet is the No Limit Texas Holdem, no doubt. If you prefer to have fun winning with slot machines, they offer forty-eight of them. Choose your favorite game: Bingo, Poker, Keno and Blackjack in a single machine! Half of them feature several games for you to enjoy. You`re invited to enjoy a night full of action and strong emotions. Our friendly and professional staff guarantees you an unforgettable evening at the Casino.
Distances, in miles:
- 41 Liberia International Airport (LIR)
- 1.1 Langosta Beach. Hiking, Surfing.
- 10.2 Las Baulas National Marine Park. Turtle Conservation (seasonal, October - February).
- 10.3 Hacienda Pinilla Golf Course
- 12 Playa Conchal. Swimming, Hiking, Horseback Riding, Boat Excursions, and Other Water Sports, Including Diving.
- 15 Flamingo Beach. Swimming, Night Entertainment.
- 26.2 Ocotal Beach. Swimming, Sunbathing, and Water Sports Including, Diving and Sport Fishing.
- 30.4 Diria National Park. Hiking and Wildlife Viewing.
- 42.1 Barra Honda National Park. Hiking, Caverns Exploring, Observation of Flora and Fauna.
- 42.3 Nosara Beach. Horseback Riding, Kayaking, Observation of Flora and Fauna.
- 43.6 Coco Beach. Sport Fishing, Diving, Boat Excursions, Hiking and Horseback Riding, Night Entertainment.
- 43 Hard Rock Cafe, Guanacaste
- 51 Nacascolo Beach. Swimming, Hiking, and Diving.
- 52.8 Palo Verde National Park. Hiking, Biking, Observation of Flora and Fauna.
- 58.5 Samara Beach. Sunbathing, Hiking, Horseback Riding, Swimming, Stand-Up Paddling, Fishing, Mountain Biking, Boat Rides or Ocean Kayaking.
- 62.6 Rincon de La Vieja National Park. Horseback Riding, Canopy, Tubbing, Hot Springs.
- 69.5 Guanacaste National Park. Hiking, Observation of Flora and Fauna.
- 72.5 Santa Rosa National Park. Hiking, Surfing.
- 82 Blue River Hot Springs
- 83.2 Miravalles Volcano
- 101 Monteverde Cloudforest Biological Preserve. Canopy, Hiking, Rappel, Hanging Bridges, Tree-Climbing, Canyons, Zip-Lining.
- 101 Arenal Lake. Fishing, Kite Surfing.
- 106 Tenorio Volcano National Park. Hiking, Rafting, Hanging Bridges, Rio Celeste Waterfall.
- 122 Arenal Volcano
- 168 Poas Volcano
- 160 San Jose City
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Adults Only Sections
- Babysitting (+)
- Beach Access
- Beach Club
- Beach Service
- Beauty Shop/Salon (+)
- Business Services (+)
- Casino (+)
- Children's Play Area
- Coffee Shop (+)
- Concierge Desk
- Conference Rooms
- Currency Exchange
- Fine Dining
- Fishing (nearby) (+)
- Free Breakfast
- Free Parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Golf (nearby) (+)
- Guest Activity Desk
- Horseback Riding (nearby) (+)
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub
- Kiddie Pool
- Kids Stay Free (Based on Age)
- Laundry Services/Laundry Facility (+)
- Massage Therapist (+)
- Medical Services (+)
- Multilingual Staff
- Multiple Swimming Pools
- Ocean View
- On-Site Travel Agency (+)
- Properties with Word of Mouth Testimonials
- Public Internet Access
- Room Service (+)
- Security Guard
- Shopping (nearby)
- Swim-Up Bar
- Swimming Pool
- Wake-Up Service
- Wedding Services (+)
- Wireless Internet Access
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply