Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort is located on well known Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste, on the Northwest Pacific Coast of Costa Rica. Just 41 miles from Liberia International Airport [LIR], surrounded by the richness of nature and embraced by the most emerald green ocean in Costa Rica.
This area boasts an important number of protected areas including water, land, mountain, and coastal ecosystems that are teaming with life. There is an array of white-sand beaches and calm, intense-blue waters.
Guanacaste is preferred by visitors seeking for relaxation, health, culture, adventure and nature, as well as sports and recreation.
Why Stay Here
With the exotic and beautifully maintained lush tropical gardens, you will sense the natural beauty Costa Rica has to offer. The resort has a long time tradition and experience providing complete attention directly focused on detail and supplying a professional service in a relaxed and elegant environment, establishing itself as one of the most successful hotel operations in Tamarindo.
Come and enjoy the best place to spend your vacation surrounded by the warmth of the region with the perfect mixture of culture, tradition, and natural beauty that only The Classic Tamarido Diria Beach and Golf Resort can offer you.
- Recognized as Green Leader, Platinum Level by Tripadvisor.
- Best Location in the Area
- Walking Distance from the Main Restaurants and Souvenir Shops in Town.
- Two World Class Golf Courses Nearby
This beautiful resort has been recently recognized as Green Leader, Platinum Level by Tripadvisor. With the exotic and beautifully maintained lush tropical gardens, you will sense the natural beauty Costa Rica has to offer. Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort is truly the place to forget about everything. The resort offers so many choices to relax peacefully and wind down to an enjoyable, slower pace of life.
The majority of guest rooms offer incredible ocean views, providing picturesque sunsets, and access to Tamarindo Beach just a few steps from your hotel room. All of their 238 rooms offer four different categories which all are similar in size, design, and comfort.
- King-Sized Bed or Two Queen-Sized Beds
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cable Television with International News
- Sports and Movie Channels
- Air Conditioning
- Electronic Door Locks
- Safety Deposit Box
- National and International Telephone Service
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort offers outstanding international cuisine to suit all tastes hosting the bars and restaurants with the best ocean front location in all Tamarindo Town.
- Matapalo - Lunch and Dinner. A-la-carte. Located right at Tamarindo Beach offers a variety of international cuisines while you dine under the shade of large Matapalo trees.
- Diria - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Buffet and A-la-carte. Main restaurant. Start your day with a wonderful buffet breakfast offering a large variety of national as well as international foods.
- Flying Bull - Dinner. A-la-carte. Comfortable atmosphere, show cooking, air conditioned sitting area and outdoor terrace offering view to Tamarindo Boulevard.
- Nari - Lunch and Dinner. A-la-carte. Authentic Italian wood oven pizza.
- Gallo Fino - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. A-la-carte. A true Costa Rican dining Experience.
- Mixcoa - Weddings and events Menu. An elegant, but yet tropical atmosphere for a wedding reception.
For the Family
- Children`s swimming pool
- Manicured gardens beach front
- Open terrace restaurant overlooking the ocean.
Meetings & Conventions
Amphitheatre for up to 300 people with scenario
Recently added is the new meeting room of 1690 square feet with capacity for 100 people
Pools & Spas
The pool areas are abundant in lounges for tanning and plenty of shade from palm trees for those who prefer to limit their tanning but wish to enjoy the pool area.
The scenic pool is the biggest in Tamarindo, providing an exclusive upgrade atmosphere. The smooth edges and round shapes provide a unique beauty surrounded by tropical gardens and pre-Columbian sculptures.
- 2 Swimming Pools for Adults
- 1 Swimming Pool for Children
- Outdoor Jacuzzi
- Massage Services Available
They offer wedding planning service.
Golf at Tamarindo Diria is an excellent option as Costa Rica is becoming a premier golf destination with Guanacaste leading the way. Tamarindo Diria is ideally located equidistant from 2 Golf courts: Reserva Conchal and Pinilla. Guests are entitled to play at both courts. Imagine playing golf on a course nestled between the ocean and a natural dry tropical forest bursting with wildlife such as Howler Monkeys, various birds or iguanas. There are two world-class golf courses that the hotel offers to their guests at a special rate. Hacienda Pinilla features the 6,800-meter Audubon Society-sanctioned Mike Young designed championship course. Then there`s the challenging 18-hole, par 71 golf course, designed by Robert Trent Jones II, at Paradisus Playa Conchal.
Entertainment & Activities
- Best Spot for Surfing Lessons
- Fitness Center
Distances, in miles:
- 41 Liberia International Airport (LIR)
- 1.1 Langosta Beach. Hiking, surfing.
- 10.2 Las Baulas National Marine Park. Turtle conservation (seasonal, October - February).
- 10.3 Hacienda Pinilla Golf Course
- 12 Playa Conchal. Swimming, hiking, horseback riding, boat excursions, and other water sports, including diving.
- 15 Flamingo Beach. Swimming, night entertainment.
- 26.2 Ocotal Beach. Swimming, sunbathing, and water sports including, diving and sportfishing.
- 30.4 Diria National Park. Hiking and wildlife viewing.
- 42.1 Barra Honda National Park. Hiking, caverns exploring, observation of flora and fauna.
- 42.3 Nosara Beach. Horseback riding, kayaking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 43.6 Coco Beach. Sportfishing, diving, boat excursions, hiking and horseback riding, night entertainment.
- 43 Hard Rock Cafe, Guanacaste
- 51 Nacascolo Beach. Swimming, hiking, and diving.
- 52.8 Palo Verde National Park. Hiking, biking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 58.5 Samara Beach. Sunbathing, hiking, horseback riding, swimming, stand-up paddling, fishing, mountain biking, boat rides or ocean kayaking.
- 62.6 Rincon de La Vieja National Park. Horseback riding, canopy, tubbing, hot springs.
- 69.5 Guanacaste National Park. Hiking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 72.5 Santa Rosa National Park. Hiking, surfing.
- 82 Blue River Hot Springs
- 83.2 Miravalles Volcano
- 101 Monteverde Cloudforest Biological Preserve. Canopy, hiking, rappel, hanging bridges, tree-climbing, canyoning, zip-lining.
- 101 Arenal Lake. Fishing, kite surfing.
- 106 Tenorio Volcano National Park. Hiking, rafting, hanging bridges, Rio Celeste waterfall.
- 122 Arenal Volcano
- 168 Poas Volcano
- 160 San Jose City
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Adults Only Sections
- Babysitting (+)
- Beauty Shop/Salon (+)
- Business Services (+)
- Casino (+)
- Children's Play Area
- Coffee Shop (+)
- Concierge Desk
- Conference Rooms
- Currency Exchange
- Fine Dining
- Fishing (nearby) (+)
- Free Breakfast
- Free Parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Golf (nearby) (+)
- Guest Activity Desk
- Horseback Riding (nearby) (+)
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub
- Kiddie Pool
- Kids Stay Free (Based on Age)
- Laundry Services/Laundry Facility (+)
- Massage Therapist (+)
- Medical Services (+)
- Multilingual Staff
- Multiple Swimming Pools
- Ocean View
- On-Site Travel Agency (+)
- Properties with Word of Mouth Testimonials
- Public Internet Access
- Room Service (+)
- Security Guard
- Shopping (nearby)
- Swim-Up Bar
- Swimming Pool
- Wake-Up Service
- Wedding Services (+)
- Wireless Internet Access
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply