Margaritaville Beach Resort Playa Flamingo (formerly Flamingo Beach Resort and Spa) is the only beachfront resort in beautiful - white sand Flamingo Beach in the Guanacaste region on the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica. A scenic 26 miles drive from Daniel Oduber International Airport in Liberia (LIR, most recommended), the tropical paradise is nearby many of the region`s spectacular national parks and charming villages. Shopping, restaurants and night life within walking distance from the resort.
Why Stay Here
At the resort or nearby, there are so many exciting, fun activities add such value to your trip, your only disappointment will be that there just won`t be enough hours in the day to enjoy them! This is the perfect Costa Rica beach resort to celebrate special family occasions such as; birthdays, retirements, graduation, or a family reunion. Also for corporate incentive trips or meetings. The resort offers an optional all-inclusive plan that includes your selected room accommodation, three meals daily in Banana Wind restaurant, and house brand beverages and spirits, and food and beverage gratuities. Also included is a daily activities program!
Escape to a tropical paradise where golden sands invite you to linger under shady palms and the warm, blue Pacific Ocean beckons you to dive in and explore. Where a relaxing and casual beach vibe and authentic hospitality truly inspire the spirit of Pura Vida - the pure life. Relax in beautiful rooms and suites overlooking beautiful gardens, oversized pool and the Pacific Ocean. Indulge your senses at OnZen Spa, lounge on the pristine beach or enjoy paddleboarding on Pacific waves. Relax by the sparkling outdoor pool and sip a cocktail at the swim-up pool bar. Take in a spectacular sunset over the ocean while enjoying international cuisine infused with Costa Rican flavors at our restaurant. Enjoy whitewater rafting, zip-lining adventures, scuba diving, deep-sea fishing and volcano tours. At the Margaritaville Beach Resort Playa Flamingo, the possibilities for romance and adventure are endless.
- Buffet or A-La-Carte Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- All-Day Snacks and Snack Menu
- Free Wireless Internet
- Complimentary Access to Fitness Center (daylight)
- Access to Brand New Family Room
- Gratuities Included
Margaritaville Beach Resort Playa Flamingo has spacious and gorgeous accommodations with modern amenities:
- High Speed Internet Access
- In-Room Safe
- Coffee Maker
- Flat Screen TV
- Remote Controlled Air Conditioner
- Margaritaville Custom Branded Bath Amenities
- Fully Equipped Kitchenette (in some rooms)
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
Experience the bold flavors of coastal Central America in the warm ambiance of Banana Wind Restaurant, offering indoor dining and an outdoor oceanfront patio. The restaurant provides a vibrant food experience, incorporating native, straight-from-the-ocean seafood, grass-fed beef and organic herbs and vegetables. Savor incredible seafood dishes like the Sea Bass Ceviche, Cajun-style Dorado and Mixed Seafood Pomodoro. Expand your gastronomic horizons with one of our traditional platters suh as the Arroz con Camarones. Make room to indulge with decadent desserts like Bananas Tempura or Caramel Flan. As a kid-friendly property, they serve up delicious favorites like hamburgers, chicken fingers and grilled cheese sandwiches.
Breakfast 6:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.
Lunch from 12:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Dinner from 6:00 P.M. to 9:30 P.M.
- Capriccios Pizza Bistro and Cafe
Enjoy wonderful flat breads and gourmet pizzas, pasta, and salads, as well as signature cocktails in a vibrant setting with spectacular views of the resort and beach.
Open for dinner daily from 5:00 P.M. to 11:30 P.M. Pizza only service from 9:30 P.M.
Same day reservations required for dinner 5:00 P.M to 9:00 P.M. Reservations are taken at the lobby concierge desk daily and are on a first come first serve basis.
Take in panoramic views of the resort and the Pacific Ocean along with hand-crafted specialty cocktails, cold beers and wines from the rooftop bar. Enjoy delicious drinks and tantalizing food, as well as live music and entertainment based on the season. The Sunset Lounge provides an exquisite venue for special events and family celebrations, and features the same menu as Banana Wind Restaurant.
Open 3:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. Sunday through Thursday
Friday and Saturday from 3:00 P.M. to 12:00 A.M.
- License to Chill Pool Bar
Part of the allure of any tropical resort is the swim-up pool bar. So they`ve created the world-famous License To Chill Pool Bar. Swim up and enjoy refreshing cocktails, lunch and light fare while soaking up the sunshine. Sip creative cocktails, like the Guanabana or Green Monster, and relax on your chaise lounge.
Open daily from 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Just outside the resort, there is a number of dining options nearby. Within walking distance.
For the Family
This is the perfect Costa Rica beach resort to celebrate special family celebrations; birthdays, retirement, graduation, or a family reunions, or for corporate incentive trips or meetings. It offers:
- Children`s Covered Pool (to prevent sunburn) and Outdoor Little Tykes Play Area Adjacent to the Children`s Pool
- Children`s Playground
- Children`s Activities Program
- Family Center, with Billiards and Foosball Table, and a Small Movie Theater
Meetings & Conventions
The Resort offers a facility with 4,195 square feet as event space.
Pools & Spas
The Famous Points Beauty Salon offers guests full service salon services including manicures, pedicures, color, cut and styling for the whole family.
- Onzen Spa: Massages, Health and Beauty Therapies
- Expansive Swimming Pool, with a Swim-up Bar and Complimentary Lounge Chairs
- Kiddie Pool
The Sunset Lounge: Rooftop bar features panoramic views of the resort and the Pacific Ocean. An exquisite venue for wedding receptions and other celebrations.
Entertainment & Activities
Daily Scheduled Activities - Free Daily Activities Program. Join the staff for water aerobics and pool games, salsa lessons in Arenas Bar, eco walks, and cocktail mixing classes. Daily activity schedules are posted daily poolside.
- Bonita Water Sports Center Offers Guests boogie Board and Jet Ski Rentals as well as Beach Umbrella Rentals. There is No Charge for Beach Chairs for Guests of the Resort
- Souvenir Shops and Sundry Shopr
- Kiddie Pool
- Children`s Playground
- 24-Hour Fitness Center, Complimentary Access
- Tennis Court (lit for night time play), Complimentary Use Raquet Provided (daylight)
- PADI Dive Center
- Water Sport Center
- Tour Desk
- Family Center with Billiards, Foosball, Internet Station ($) and Movie Theater
At the resort or nearby, there are so many exciting, fun activities at such value that your only disappointment will be that there just won`t be enough hours in the day to enjoy them! Some of them are:
Distances in miles:
- 42 Liberia International Airport (LIR)
- 5 Playa Conchal. Swimming, hiking, horseback riding, boat excursions, and other water sports, including diving.
- 12 Las Baulas National Marine Park. Turtle conservation (seasonal, October - February).
- 13 Ocotal Beach. Swimming, sunbathing, and water sports including, diving and sportfishing.
- 15 Tamarindo Beach. Surfing.
- 15 Langosta Beach. Hiking, surfing.
- 18 Hard Rock Cafe, Guanacaste
- 19 Coco Beach. Sportfishing, diving, boat excursions, hiking and horseback riding, night entertainment.
- 20 Hacienda Pinilla Golf Course
- 36 Nacascolo Beach. Swimming, hiking, and diving.
- 40 Diria National Park. Hiking and wildlife viewing.
- 48 Rincon de La Vieja National Park. Horseback riding, canopy, tubbing, hot springs.
- 52 Palo Verde National Park. Hiking, biking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 54 Barra Honda National Park. Hiking, caverns exploring, observation of flora and fauna.
- 55 Guanacaste National Park. Hiking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 55 Nosara Beach. Horseback riding, kayaking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 58 Santa Rosa National Park. Hiking, surfing.
- 67 Blue River Hot Springs
- 69 Miravalles Volcano
- 69 Samara Beach. Sunbathing, hiking, horseback riding, swimming, stand-up paddling, fishing, mountain biking, boat rides or ocean kayaking.
- 86 Arenal Lake. Fishing, kite surfing.
- 91 Tenorio Volcano National Park. Hiking, rafting, hanging bridges, Rio Celeste waterfall.
- 103 Monteverde Cloudforest Biological Preserve. Canopy, hiking, rappel, hanging bridges, tree-climbing, canyoning, zip-lining.
- 107 Arenal Volcano
- 174 Poas Volcano
- 172 San Jose City
- 24 Hour Security
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- ATM Machine (nearby)
- Accessible Rooms
- Adjoining Rooms
- Banquet Facility (+)
- Basketball Court
- Beach Access
- Beach Service
- Beauty Shop/Salon (+)
- Bicycle / Scooter Rental (+)
- Breakfast Room
- Business Services (+)
- Car Rental Desk (+)
- Children's Play Area
- Children's Program
- Complimentary Coffee
- Complimentary Use of Bathrobe and Slippers
- Concierge Desk
- Conference Rooms (+)
- Connecting rooms
- Currency Exchange
- Dance Classes
- Dry Cleaning Service (+)
- Elevator / Lift
- Exterior Corridors
- Fine Dining
- Fishing (nearby) (+)
- Fitness Facility
- Free Breakfast
- Free Movie Rentals
- Free Parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Full Breakfast
- Game Room (+)
- Gift Shop on Property
- Golf (nearby) (+)
- Great for Kids
- Great for Nightlife
- Guest Activity Desk
- Handicap Services
- Honeymoon Amenities
- Horseback Riding (nearby) (+)
- Ice Machine
- Kiddie Pool
- Laundry Services/Laundry Facility (+)
- Library / Video Library
- Massage Therapist (+)
- Medical Services (nearby) (+)
- Multilingual Staff
- Multiple Swimming Pools
- Non-Motorized Water Sports
- Ocean View
- On-Site Convenience Store (+)
- On-Site Dive Shop (+)
- On-Site Events
- On-Site Travel Agency (+)
- Pool Area Bar
- Postal Services (+)
- Public Internet Access
- Room Service (+)
- Secured Parking
- Security Guard
- Shuttle To Airport (surcharge) (+)
- Spa Services
- Swim-Up Bar
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Court
- Wake-Up Service
- Walk to Nightlife
- Water Sports (+)
- Wedding Services (+)
- Wheelchair Access Elevator
- Widescreen TV
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply