Located in Pinilla, the Guanacaste province, Pacific Coast, at 47.7 miles from the Liberia International Airport (LIR, most recommended). This beachfront resort is next door to a golf course, 1.9 miles from Hacienda Pinilla Golf Course, and within 9 miles of Avellana Beach and Callejones Beach. Blanca Beach is 8 miles away.
This area boasts an important number of protected areas including water, land, mountain, and coastal ecosystems that are teaming with life. There is an array of white-sand beaches and calm, intense-blue waters.
Guanacaste is preferred by visitors seeking for relaxation, health, culture, adventure and nature, as well as sports and recreation.
Why Stay Here
- 5 Restaurants
- Outdoor Jacuzzi
- Full-service Spa
- Fitness Center
From the alfresco plazas to the squat stone walls to the red roof tiles, this resort on the brink of the 4,500-acre Hacienda Pinilla emanates the magic of an old hacienda by the sea. Designed by Costa Rica`s most famous architect, Ronald Zurcher, this 310-unit colonial compound was planned to defend history and honor nature. Windswept palms dot the grounds, tropical dry forest encloses the property, and the open-air design invites a stimulating ocean breeze.
NEW: Purchase a Full-Board Meal Plan Rate and Get:
- Daily Breakfast Buffet at Mansita Restaurant
- Lunch at Any of the Following Restaurants: Mansita, Azul Pool Bar, Azul Grill Restaurant
- Dinner at Any of the Following Restaurants: Mansita, Nau Lounge, Azul Grill Restaurant (when available), Tamarine and Sabanero
- Includes Consumptions in Waves and Cream
- Beverages are Included from 10 A.M. to 12 Midnight: Premium Brands Rum, Whisky, Vodka, Tequila, Gin, Local and Imported Beers, House Wine, Sodas, Juices, and House Water
The guestrooms measure 592 square feet, and all come with a view the pool, garden or ocean. Down comforters top the beds, marble shines in the bathrooms, and 37-inch flat-screen TV`s are mounted on the tranquilizing, cream-colored walls. The sizable balconies are excellent for curling up with a good book or simply marveling at the resort`s extensive back yard.
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
The resort offers five restaurants and two bars: Azul Grill beach front restaurant, Tamarine featuring Asian fusion cuisine, Sabanero a genuine Guanacastecan Steakhouse and Nau Lounge and Bar offering sushi and cocktails.
- Azul Pool Bar. Fast Food. Soak up the Costa Rica sun at this laid-back outdoor restaurant, which features all of your poolside favorites, as well as an array of signature cocktails. Open for lunch. Dress code: Casual.
- Azul Grill. Italian. Ocean Front Restaurant opens lunch with mediterranean and seafood and night italian cuisine. Open for lunch and dinner. Dress code: Casual.
- Nau Lobby Bar. Pub. Serves Sushi and Hamburguers. Live music until 10PM. Open for dinner. Dress code: Casual.
- Mansita Restaurant. International. Mansita provides a Costa Rican interpretation of classic international cuisine. Be sure to stop by for the restaurant`s award-winning breakfast buffet, and get your day here in Guanacaste off to the perfect start. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dress code: Casual.
- Sabanero Steak House. Sabanero delivers a traditional steak house dining experience, with fresh cuts of beef from here in Costa Rica as well as imported steaks. Enjoy the open kitchen ambiance while you dine. Open for dinner. Dress code: Casual.
- Tamarine. Asian-Fusion. Discover a delightfully unusual restaurant experience at Tamarine, which specializes in Asian-Fusion fare and is open for dinner. Reservations required. Open for dinner. Dress code: Casual.
- Waves and Cream. Deli Costa Rican Coffee and Italian Ice Cream. Dress code: Casual.
For the Family
The hotel is next to an 18-hole golf course with a coastal layout. Off-site activities such as zip lining, white water rafting and tours to nearby parks and volcanoes are arranged on site. The property features an infinity pool, Kids Club, biking and jogging trails. The spa is ranked as one of the top five spas in Latin America by Spa Magazine.
JW Adventure Kids Club - Complimentary. Daily supervised activities for our guests aged 4 -12.
Pools & Spas
- Free flowing outdoor pool with infinity edge. Hours: Mon-Sun: 06:00 AM - 08:00 PM. Towels provided
- Childrens Pool
- Whirlpool. Towels provided
The serene resort spa offers a relaxed respite, with a full menu of signature treatments, as well as a wide array of packages. Treat yourself to pure tranquility during your Guanacaste, Costa Rica visit.
Hours: Mon-Sun: 06:00 AM - 10:00 PM. Appointment is Required.
Entertainment & Activities
- Biking trail
- Jogging/fitness trail
- Table tennis
- Bike Rentals
- Fitness. State of the art cardio equipment: Free weights. Complimentary Fitness classes. Hours: Mon-Sun: 05:00 AM - 11:30 PM.
Distances in miles:
- 48 Liberia International Airport (LIR)
- 2 Hacienda Pinilla Golf Course
- 10 Tamarindo Beach. Surfing.
- 11 Langosta Beach. Hiking, surfing.
- 15 Las Baulas National Marine Park. Turtle conservation (seasonal, October - February).
- 17 Playa Conchal. Swimming, hiking, horseback riding, boat excursions, and other water sports, including diving.
- 19 Flamingo Beach. Swimming, night entertainment.
- 31 Diria National Park. Hiking and wildlife viewing.
- 31 Ocotal Beach. Swimming, sunbathing, and water sports including, diving and sportfishing.
- 43 Barra Honda National Park. Hiking, caverns exploring, observation of flora and fauna.
- 45 Nosara Beach. Horseback riding, kayaking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 48 Coco Beach. Sportfishing, diving, boat excursions, hiking and horseback riding, night entertainment.
- 48 Hard Rock Cafe, Guanacaste
- 55 Nacascolo Beach. Swimming, hiking, and diving.
- 58 Palo Verde National Park. Hiking, biking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 59 Samara Beach. Sunbathing, hiking, horseback riding, swimming, stand-up paddling, fishing, mountain biking, boat rides or ocean kayaking.
- 67 Rincon de La Vieja National Park. Horseback riding, canopy, tubbing, hot springs.
- 74 Guanacaste National Park. Hiking, observation of flora and fauna.
- 77 Santa Rosa National Park. Hiking, surfing.
- 87 Blue River Hot Springs
- 88 Miravalles Volcano
- 106 Arenal Lake. Fishing, kite surfing.
- 101 Monteverde Cloudforest Biological Preserve. Canopy, hiking, rappel, hanging bridges, tree-climbing, canyoning, zip-lining.
- 111 Tenorio Volcano National Park. Hiking, rafting, hanging bridges, Rio Celeste waterfall.
- 132 Arenal Volcano
- 172 Poas Volcano
- 160 San Jose City
The property imposes a new Resort fee effective on stays from April 1st, 2019. This new fee will allow you to enjoy the Resort even more as you will get new benefits/activities and experiences included. The charge will be for the amount of $30 dollars plus 13% tax ($33.9) per room per day, payable upon check in at property. A summary of these benefits are detailed below.
Enhanced benefits and experiences included:
- Upgraded welcome drink.
- Welcome gift for adult and for children.
- Upgraded Wi-Fi for the duration of your stay.
- One hour of Bicycle use for 2 people daily.
- Movie night (according to season calendar).
- Use of Pool and beach toys.
Activities included in the Resort Fee each to be experienced once during your stay according to a preset activity calendar:
- One Nature walk with binoculars and professional guide.
- One Yoga class with professional instructor.
- One Mixology Class with instructor.
- One Cooking class with instructor.
- One Sunset Cocktail experience.
- One Bonfire on the beach with live music and marshmallows experience.
- One Astronomy observatory (starting June 1st 2019).
A detailed weekly program and tickets for each activities will be delivered during check in. The tickets will be assigned per person per day taking into account the number of nights each guest is staying at the property.
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Beach Access
- Beach Service (+)
- Beauty Shop/Salon (+)
- Business Center (+)
- Business Services (+)
- Car Rental Desk (+)
- Children's Play Area
- Children's Program
- Complimentary Bathrobe and Slippers
- Complimentary Coffee
- Concierge Desk
- Conference Rooms (+)
- Currency Exchange
- Dry Cleaning Service (+)
- Elevator / Lift
- Exterior Corridors
- Fine Dining
- Fitness Facility
- Gift Shop on Property (+)
- Golf (+)
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub
- Kiddie Pool
- Kids Club
- Kids Stay Free (Based on Age)
- Luxury Resorts
- Massage Therapist (+)
- Medical Services (+)
- Multilingual Staff
- Room Service (+)
- Spa Services (+)
- Swimming Pool
- Wake-Up Service
- Wedding Services (+)
- Wireless Internet Access (+)
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply