Conveniently located in the Central Pacific region, 48 miles from the San Jose International Airport (SJO), the Hotel Punta Leona is situated on one of Costa Rica`s most beautiful beaches, in the Nicoya Gulf.
Located in the Central Pacific region, this area boasts of beautiful beaches and numerous protected wilderness areas such as wildlife refuges, national parks and biological preserves.
Featuring an array of cultural and recreational attractions, including the various organized events - especially sporting events- that distinguish the region.
Why Stay Here
Some of Costa Rica`s best beaches can be found at the Hotel Punta Leona, where you can relax in stunning surroundings, enjoy amenities such as an on-site canopy tour, and indulge in delicious traditional cuisine.
Guests will be swept away by the natural beauty of the resort. Punta Leona features one of the most important, private reserves in Costa Ricas Pacific Zone, mainly because of its geographic location and conservation plan. It is regarded as an excellent place for bird-watching with over 330 migratory and resident bird species, including the:
The Reserve is Also Home to:
- Brilliant Scarlet Macaw
- White Faced Monkeys
- Spider Monkeys
- Large Number of Butterflies
The reserve has three easily accessible, well-marked trails. They are of varying difficulty and also wide enough to facilitate bird-watching.
Relax on pristine beaches set between the lush tropical forest on one side and the spectacular Pacific Ocean on the other. Observe the white sand being washed by the crystal clear water an experience that calls for a refreshing swim.
Take advantage of the activities offered at Hotel Punta Leona including: maintaining your fitness through water aerobics, learning to dance to the Latin rhythms of Salsa and Meringue music and enjoying water sports such as boogie boarding or snorkeling.The Resort Feature Facilities, Including:
- Three Pools
- A Discotheque
- An Amphitheater
- Lighted Tennis Court, Volleyball Court, Basketball Court
- Children`s Play Area
- Souvenir Shop
- Conference Center ($)
- Tourist Information Desk ($)
- Car Rental
- Shuttle Transportation ($)
- 24-Hour Currency Exchange
- High Speed Internet ($)
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
The resort features three different restaurants and two snack bars, each one with a unique atmosphere.
- Leon Marino Restaurant: Located next to the pool, the Leon Marino Restaurant offers snacks and light food.
- Carabelas Restaurant: Located in the Selvamar area, in a beautiful forest surrounding, Carabelas offers International and Costa Rican buffet style food.
- Playa Blanca Snack: Located next to the amazing white beach of Playa Blanca, this snack bar offers light snacks and International food.
Romantics may be interested in Punta Leona`s Wedding and Honeymoon services. Enjoy the pleasures of life and book this incredible eco-resort today!
Eco - Weddings:
Because at Hotel Punta Leona they always care about the environmental and social impacts, offer this option to make your wedding an environmentally, friendly and socially responsible event, at an affordable price without leaving behind the style.
Punta Leona has something for everybody! Golfers will find a championship course nearby, where they can hit the green! Adventure seekers will find a canopy tour actually within the resort.
The resort is convenient to many tourist attractions, like the Arenal Volcano, Manuel Antonio National Park, Monteverde Cloud Forest, Canopy Tours and White Water Rafting.
Distances, in miles:
- 48 San Jose City International Airport (SJO)
- 9 Herradura Beach. Swimming and various water sports, golfing
- 9 Tarcoles Beach
- 9 Carara National Park. Hiking, birdwatching, observation of flora and fauna
- 12 Jaco Beach. Surfing, horseback riding along the beach, mountain biking, scooter rides and even go-carting. Golfing.
- 17 Hermosa Beach. One of Costa Rica`s most preferred surfing beaches
- 26 Esterillos Beach. Excellent for surfing
- 30 Bejuco Beach. Fishing, swimming, walking and horseback riding
- 40 Puntarenas
- 40 La Cangreja National Park
- 50 Damas Beach. Kayak, observation of flora and fauna, caves nearby
- 52 Quepos. Sport-fishing and recreational boat trips
- 56 Manuel Antonio National Park. Hiking, swimming
- 65 Savegre River. Horseback riding, hiking, rafting, kayaking
- 68 Poas Volcano
- 77 Dominical
- 78 Baru Beach. Canopy
- 73 Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Preserve
- 99 Arenal Volcano
OPTIONAL: Purchase All-Inclusive Rates and Enjoy (optional rate plan):
- Daily Buffet Breakfast Featuring Local and International Dishes
- Daily Buffet Lunch
- Daily Buffet Dinner
- All Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages at the Hotel Bars and Leon Marino Restaurant
- Snacks at Blanca and Mantas Beach
- One A-La-Carte Dinner for Every Three Night Stays
- Guided Walks in the Private Reserve
- Entrance to the Butterfly Garden
- Activities Specially Designed for Children
- Non-Motorized Watersports
- All-Inclusive OPTIONAL
- Business Center
- Car Rental Desk (+)
- Children's Play Area
- Children's Program
- Coin Operated Laundry (+)
- Concierge Desk
- Conference Rooms (+)
- Currency Exchange
- Exterior Corridors
- Free Parking
- Front Desk
- Gift Shop on Property
- Golf (nearby) (+)
- Handicap Parking/ADA Accessible Parking
- Handicap Services
- Horseback Riding (+)
- Kids Club
- Kids Stay Free (Based on Age)
- Multilingual Staff
- Multiple Swimming Pools
- Night Club
- Non-Motorized Water Sports
- Non-smoking rooms (generic)
- Oceanfront Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Parking Lot
- Pool Area Bar
- Postal Services
- Secured Parking
- Tennis Courts
- Vacation Rentals
- Valet Parking (+)
- Volleyball Court
- Water Sports (+)
- Wedding Services (+)
- Wireless Internet (*)
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply