With a stay at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort in Rio de Janeiro (Leblon), you'll be within a 5-minute drive of Ipanema Beach and Parque Henrique Lage. This 5-star hotel is 3 mi (4.8 km) from Rio de Janeiro Botanical Garden and 3.3 mi (5.3 km) from Avenida Atlantica.
Why Stay Here
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You're sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 outdoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, and a sauna. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and an arcade/game room. Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the complimentary area shuttle.
- Parents or a legal guardian traveling with children under 18 years must present the child's birth certificate and an identity card with photo (passport, for example) at the check-in. For international travels from Brazil, if just one of the parents is traveling with the child, she/he must present – in addition to the child's certificate of birth and identity card with photo – a letter authorizing the trip signed by the other parent with a notarial certification of signature. In case the parents or the legal guardian, as applicable, cannot or are unwilling to give this authorization, a judicial authorization is required. People who intend to travel to Brazil with children must consult with the Brazilian consulate before traveling for more information.
- This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Make yourself at home in one of the 538 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Rooms have private balconies. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and bidets.
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
Enjoy Italian cuisine at Bene, one of the hotel's 5 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the 24-hour room service. Snacks are also available at the coffee shop/café. Wind down with a drink at one of the 3 bars/lounges or 2 poolside bars. Buffet breakfasts are available daily from 6 AM to 11 AM for a fee.
Meetings & Conventions
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in Rio de Janeiro? This hotel has facilities measuring 438877 square feet (40773 square meters), including conference space.
Pools & Spas
2 outdoor swimming pools are on site along with a children's pool. Other recreational amenities include outdoor tennis courts, a sauna, and a 24-hour fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply. Shine Spa for Sheraton
has 4 treatment rooms including rooms for couples and outdoor treatment areas. Services include deep-tissue massages, hot stone massages, sports massages, and Swedish massages. The spa is equipped with a sauna. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including Ayurvedic, hydrotherapy, and reflexology.
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Vidigal Beach - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Leblon Beach - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Posto 12 - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Posto 11 - 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
Garden of Allah - 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
Ipanema Beach - 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
Rio Design Leblon - 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
Sao Conrado Beach - 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro - 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon - 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
Posto 9 - 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
Forum Ipanema Shopping Mall - 3.5 km / 2.2 mi
Rua Farme de Amoedo - 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
Praca General Osorio - 4.1 km / 2.5 mi
Rio de Janeiro Botanical Garden - 4.2 km / 2.6 mi
The nearest airports are:
Rio de Janeiro (SDU-Santos Dumont) - 15.3 km / 9.5 mi
Rio de Janeiro (GIG-Galeao - Antonio Carlos Jobim Intl.) - 26.5 km / 16.5 mi
The preferred airport for Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort is Rio de Janeiro (SDU-Santos Dumont).
The following facilities will be closed from 06 January 2020 to 15 January 2020 (dates subject to change):
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 19 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 15.00 per day
- Pet fee: USD 250 per pet, per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 15 per accommodation, per night
The resort fee includes:
- Pool access
- Spa access
- Beach access
- Beach loungers
- Beach towels
- Fitness center access
- Children's club/arcade access
- Internet access
- Additional inclusions
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply