Maya Mountain is a full service resort facility with fifteen rustic yet comfortable air-conditioned thatch-roofed cottages, rooms, swimming pool, first rate open air dining, free wireless internet, nature trails, all surrounded by the beautifully landscaped rainforest.
Guests enjoy amazing cultural cuisine to the sounds of exotic birds, views of flowering plants and fruit trees, gentle breezes, and the occasional visit from a passing agouti. After a long day of adventure tours guests can be found swimming in our pool, taking leisurely walks on our nature trails, or laying in their hammock reading to the sound of a toucan in the distance.
Natural History is a feature of this interior Cayo region. Set in a subtropical moist forest life zone, the Maya Mountain Lodge interpretive trails exhibit a rich diversity of tropical life. The tropical gardens include over a hundred varieties of tropical edible and ornamental plants.
Imagine yourself after a day of adventure sitting in our enchanting open air dining room surrounded by beautifully arranged tropical flowers, sounds of the jungle, and a gentle mountain breeze.
What makes our food so good?
Several nights weekly we feature special cultural celebrations of some of the ethnic foods of Belize
- Whole natural foods
- Everything prepared from scratch using a special ingredient called "freshness"
- Locally grown vegetables and herbs from our own garden
- Supper with four to five delicious courses
- Beautiful dining ambiance
- Mestizo- "Fiesta de Maiz" with everything from corn
- Mayan- Snapper steamed in aromatic "Ubel" leaf.
- Lebanese-Kebabs, Tabbouleh, humus
- Garifuna-"Fish Sere" is a traditional fish, vegetable, coconut soup
- Asian-Stir fried cashew chicken, spring rolls, coconut rice
Our friendly Belizean resort staff will be glad to orient you to the Cayo area and to chat with you about our country and Belizean people. Our guests invariably say that our welcoming and helpful staff is Maya Mountains greatest asset.