This Adults-Only retreat is located seven miles from the VC Bird International Airport [ANU], in the middle of Leeward Islands in the Eastern Caribbean, roughly 17 degrees north of the equator.
Why Stay Here
- Romantic Perfection
- Non-Motorized Water Sports
- Fitness Center
- All-Inclusive, Adults-Only Resort
- On-Site Spa
Galley Bay Resort and Spa an Elite Island Resort is the perfect all-inclusive retreat for the discerning traveler. It`s secluded setting on the tranquil west coast of Antigua, enjoys 40-acres of tropical gardens between a bird sanctuary lagoon and a three-quarter mile beach. Great care has been taken to ensure the resort compliments these natural surroundings. Thatch, bamboo and terracotta establish an ambiance of refined rusticity in the public areas, while a picturesque wooden deck ensures maximum exposure to the ocean views.
There is little disruption from the outside world as access to the resort is via a wooden bridge. All guests are welcomed at the historical sugar mill reception and whisked by golf cart to one of the 69 suites and cottages. More than three-quarters of the accommodations lie directly on the white sand beach; the remainder tucked away in the gardens and boasting their own private splash pools.
- Complete Meals Including Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Daily
- Dinner can be A La Carte. Reservations are Required and Dress Code Is In Effect
- Domestic Drinks Including Beer, Wine and Cocktails
- Non-motorized Water Sports such as Paddle boarding, Sailing, Snorkeling, Kayaking and Hobie style Catamarans.
- Use of Fitness Center and Daytime Tennis
- All Current Hotel Taxes and Gratuities are Also Included
Galley Bay Resort features 98 guest rooms. All are set amid 40 acres of beautiful tropical gardens, providing a sense of privacy.
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
- Sea Grape - is a spacious open air elegant beachfront restaurant where you will be treated to exotic flavors of the Caribbean with award-winning sumptuous a la carte dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner created by our Master Chef
- Gauguin Restaurant - is a smaller more intimate ocean side venue with casual, grill-type fare beneath individual thatched huts. Open for lunch and dinner, reservations required for dinner.
- Lounge Bar - enjoy after dinner aperitif and stay as long as you want. The perfect ending to a perfect day.
- Teepee Bar - is a cone-shaped, thatched-roof bar located on the beach. Hors d`oeuvres are served in the early evening at 6:00 P.M.
- Gauguin Bar opens from 11:00 A.M. and closes at 11:00 P.M.
Honeymooners: Sparkling wine and fruit plate in room on arrival. Designation as a honeymoon couple must appear in the reservation request.
Galley Bay`s commitment to peace and tranquility means that children under 16 years of age are only accepted during the Christmas and New Year holidays. Over 20,000 subscribers of Conde Nast Traveler have named Galley Bay amongst the `World`s Best Places to Stay.`
Dress Code: In the restaurants, shoes are worn and bathing suits are covered. After 6:30 P.M., men wear slacks [no shorts, jeans, capris, or 3/4 pants] and collared shirts with short or long sleeves [no T-shirts or tank tops]. Women wear dresses, skirts, slacks, culottes or in the summer, tailored Bermuda-length shorts [no short shorts or cutoff jeans].
- Beauty Shop/Salon (+)
- Casino (nearby) (+)
- Ceiling Fan
- Coffee Maker
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Deck, balcony or terrace
- Fitness Facility
- Free Breakfast
- Free Parking
- Game Room (+)
- Golf (nearby) (+)
- Hair Dryer
- In room Safe (+)
- King Bed
- Massage Therapist (+)
- Non-Motorized Water Sports
- Outdoor Pool
- Public Internet Access
- Satellite TV
- Shopping (nearby) (+)
- Spa Services (+)
- Telephone (+)
- Tennis Courts
- Water Sports (nearby) (+)
- Wedding Services (+)
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply