BookIt.com Guest Rating
An extraordinary desert hideaway, The Boulders Resort and Golden Door Spa is situated on 1,300 acres in the Sonoran Desert foothills of Scottsdale, Arizona. Located 33 miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport(PHX), minutes from Scottsdale Regional Airport, and five miles from the picturesque town of Carefree, there is also a helicopter landing pad on this unbelievable resort and spa.The dramatic and innovative architecture blends with the surrounding desert and the 12-million-year-old granite boulder formations that dot the landscape. The Boulders is a luxury hideaway and a nature lover’s paradise where the terrain and plant life have been left virtually untouched to allow indigenous plant and wildlife to enhance the beauty of Arizona.
- Private casitas, many of which are situated along the golf course, are shaped into the natural terrain and grouped in village-like clusters. These spacious and luxurious accommodations offer comfort with a Southwestern flair.
- Hand-hew wood-beamed ceilings with fans, regional art, fireplaces, wet bars, large dressing and bathroom areas, and private patios or decks overlook the sun-streaked desert or emerald-green golf course.
- Elegant one-, two-, three-bedroom Haciendas and Villas offer fully equipped and beautifully styled kitchens, fireplaces, flat screen televisions, full laundry room, doorstep parking and private entrances with accessibility to all resort amenities.
- A 5,000 sq. ft. Villa is the ultimate retreat
- Latilla-Featuring fresh American cuisine with organic and naturally grown ingredients from the Western Seaboard Palo Verde-Serving a delectable breakfast and Southwestern-inspired lunches.
- Golden Door Spa Cafe Menu features a balance of life-giving, spirit-satisfying fare for breakfast, lunch and Afternoon Tea.
- Pedregal-Casual bistro features breakfast and lunch.
- Rusty’s at the Club-Exhibition kitchen and patio seating for dinner.
- Bogey’s-Fun filled atmosphere at the clubhouse, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Pool Pavilion-Poolside side pampering service daily
- In Room Dining-Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Discovery Lounge-An inviting atmosphere with a cozy fireplace offering freshly crafted cocktails and live entertainment during peak season.
GOLDEN DOOR SPA FACILITY:
- The 33,000 sq. ft. Golden Door Spa blends Eastern and Western influences in its design, healing methods, treatments and philosophies.
- 24 treatment spaces
- A labyrinth
- An Authentic Tipi
- Fitness Center
- Movement Studio
- Vichy treatment rooms
- Yoga Studio
- Full-service salon
- Four Outdoor Pools and Whirlpool
- The Spa features:
- El Pedregal marketplace offers 35 exclusive boutiques, art galleries, restaurants and outdoor amphitheater.
GOLF and TENNIS
- Three classic clay Tennis Courts, five premier cushion courts and a tennis pro shop presided over by two full-time tennis professionals.
- Golf Courses-Two Jay Morris-designed championship golf courses provide 36 holes of challenging golf. The courses are considered some of the most demanding in the Southwest and are known for their rugged beauty and breathtaking panoramas.
- The Boulders Club, a private country club for resort guests and club members, features a golf pro shop, Boulders Golf Academy and one-on-one instruction with talented PGA and LPGA instructors.
INCREDIBLE meeting rooms-12,000 sq. ft. Tohono Conference Center. 5,400 sq. ft. ballroom, Sunset Terrace, business center with a conference services director and boardroom including three executive meeting casitas.
FOR THE ADVENTUROUS Activities include desert hikes, mountain bike tours, horseback riding, rock climbing, hot-air ballooning, biplane flights, desert jeep tours, and Grand Canyon tours. Rock climb the 75 ft. face of the crystalline granite and metamorphic rock.
Please note that this property has Nightly Resort FEE of $30 per room.
You have the following options:
- Go back to the previous page and verify your search options.
- 24 Hour Room Service
- 24 Hour Security
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Banquet Facility
- Beauty Shop/Salon
- Biking / Hiking Trail
- Business Center
- Business Services
- Concierge Desk
- Conference Rooms
- Event Catering
- Fine Dining
- Fireplace in Lobby
- Fitness Classes
- Fitness Facility
- Guest Activity Desk
- Horseback Riding
- Jogging Area
- Massage Therapist
- Multiple Swimming Pools
- On-site Nightclub
- Pool Area Bar
- Room Service
- Spa Services
- Steam Room
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Courts
- Wireless Internet
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply.