Surrounded by beautiful tropical vegetation on a Peninsula in Gatun Lake, this hotel is only 20.6 km. from the city of Colon and the region`s Free Trade Zone. 82.2 km. from the Tocumen International Airport [PTY].
Why Stay Here
- Outdoor Swimming Pool - Featuring 3 Cascading levels, you can dive into the fun at this large pool!
- Multipurpose court - Sport lovers can enjoy basketball and volleyball
- MeliAmigos - Local Kid`s Club
- Gift Shop - Pick up local arts and crafts created by local artisans for a great memento
- Free Wireless Internet access in public hotel areas
- Business Center - With computers, fax, and photocopying services, you`re set for your next meeting
- Convention center for up to 800 people
- Meeting rooms and salon for up to 130 people
- Laundry service [$]
- Room Service - Available to all guestrooms. From 7am to 11:30pm [$]
The Hotel Melia Panama Canal is the perfect starting point for activities such as adventure tours, ecotourism; cycling, canopy tours, eco-walks, bird watching or trekking to view the exotic and diverse flora and fauna around the hotel in Colon, excursions in catamaran on the calm waters of Lake Gatun, fishing, boat or jet ski tours of the Lake, the first Golf Driving Range on the water in Panama, shopping, Caribbean beaches and much, much more.
Spacious and tastefully decorated rooms with a breathtaking view of Gatun Lake with the following amenities for your comfort:
- Air conditioning
- Cable flat screen TV 32-inch
- Direct dial telephone [bedroom and bathroom]
- Safe deposit box
- Full bathroom equipped with tub
- Free Wi-Fi Internet access
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
Guests will discover many dining options awaiting them during their next stay.
- Restaurant Miraflores - Offers International cuisine with a varied buffet daily. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner with theme nights
- Pool Bar - Open Monday through Sunday from 11am to 6pm
- New: Sport Bar - Open from 6pm to 11pm
- Kayak Excurions - Hit the water of Gatun Lake for a fun Free kayaking trip
- Transportation to the free trade zone [Monday to Friday] - reservation required and subject to timetable established by hotel
- Tours [bird-watching, fishing on Gatn Lake, various tourist sites, etc.]
- Eco-tourism activities: boat rides, catamaran tours, professional fishing, bicycle rentals, canopy [10 lines], ecological trails