Perfectly situated on the beautiful golden beach of Playa Dorada, one of the most stunning beaches in the Dominican Republic, only 20 minutes from Puerto Plata International Airport
Why Stay Here
- Great location only 20 minutes from Puerto Plata (POP) Airport
- Playa Dorada is one of the most popular spots in the north coast of the Dominican Republic
- Surrounded by a beautiful 18-hole golf course designed by the famous Robert Trent Jones
- Family Sun Club area is a family friendly section with a private check in and check out desk, upgraded amenities and services.
- Adult Only Sun Club area features private check in and check out and a secluded area of the resort adult friendly.
- Explorer Club features a comprehensive day long program for children from the ages of 4 to 12 including video games, movies and much more
- Impressive indoor theater perfect for live night time
- Land and watersport activities
- Sunscape Puerto Plata also offers the Core Zone Teens Club, with activities tailored to teens and tweens
Sunscape Puerto Plata is on the northern coast of the Dominican Republic in a world of pristine beaches and lush tropical jungle. It is the ideal setting for an unforgettable family vacation
- 24-hour access to food and beverage options including kid friendly menu options
- In-room mini-bar fully stocked with soft drinks, juice, bottled water and beer
- Buffet and a la carte restaurants without reservations required
- Bars and lounges serving international and domestic brand beverages
- Unlimited fruit juices, soft drinks and snacks
- Endless daily land and water activities for all ages
- Live music and local entertainment
- Explorers Club for Kids ages 3 to 12 with supervised activity programs daily
- No wristbands required
- All taxes and gratuities include
585 Spacious accommodations include private terraces, one king or double beds, kid`s amenities, air conditioning, ceiling fan, mini-bar, telephone, iron and ironing board, coffee machine, cable TV ipod dock a terrace or balcony.
All Sun Club rooms offer the following additional amenities and services:
- Personalized check-in and checkout with concierge service
- Preferential status and amenities
- Internet access
- Private Sun Club snack bar with jacuzzi and private service
- Private Sun Club Lounge
- Upgraded mini-bar service (refreshed daily) and bath amenities
- Complimentary computer access in the Sun Club Lounge
- Daily afternoon hot and cold hors doeuvres, exquisite desserts and fine liquors served in the lounge
- Complimentary newspaper in room every day (English or Spanish)
- Cartoons available in room
- Milk, cookies and other special treats
- Additional restaurant for breakfast and lunch
- Room service from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
Sunscape Puerto Plata offers 9 dining options; 4 a la carte restaurants, a buffet, a grill, a snack bar and a cafe. No reservations are ever required. All restaurants openings rotate throughout the week and the number of restaurants open for each meal is dependent upon occupancy levels.
Windows : Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.; Lunch: 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.; Dinner: 6:30 p.m. 10:00 p.m.
A buffet-style restaurant serving international specialty
Gohan: Dinner 6:00 p.m.- 10:00 p.m.
A la carte restaurant specializing in Asian cuisine
Da Mario: Dinner 6:00 p.m.- 10:00 p.m. Authentic Italian food served
Gaucho Grill Dinner 6:00 p.m. 10:00 p.m. Enjoy our meat specialties in a great Argentinian atmosphere
Castaways: Dinner 6:00 p.m. 10:00 p.m. Enjoy spectacular ocean views, while savoring our exquisite Caribbean cuisine
The Pizza Shop 6:00 p.m. 11:00 p.m.
Serving pizza, burgers and tacos with other snacks options also available.
Barefoot Grill 11:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.
Snacks at the beach
Tamarindo Lunch 11:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.; Snacks: 11:00 p.m. 7:00 a.m.
Delicious bites served poolside in a great atmosphere
Coco Cafe Open 6:00 a.m. 10:00 p.m.
Premium coffee and snacks in a casual and relaxed atmosphere
Dress code apply in some restaurants.
7 Bars and lounges, serving unlimited international and domestic brand beverages. All bars are open on different days throughout the week, based on occupancy level.
Manatees 10:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m. Swim-up and enjoy a cocktail in the pool
Rendezvous 10:00 a.m. 1:00 a.m. lobby bar
Showtime Bar 8:00 p.m. 11:00 p.m. Watch a live performance at the theatre while enjoying a refreshing cocktail at this bar
Barracuda Bar 10:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m. Beach area
Sun Club Bar 10:00 a.m. 11:00 p.m. Bar by the Sun Club Lounge
Only available for the Sun Club guests
Sugar Reef 10:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m. Pool area
Veranda 6:00 p.m. 10:00 p.m. Veranda bar
Eclipse Disco 11:00 p.m. 2:00 a.m.
For the Family
Explorer`s Club for Kids
- Beach volleyball
- Ping pong
- Golf (fees apply)
- Board games
Hours: 9 a.m. 10 p.m.
The Explorers Club for Kids, ages 3 to 12, features activities supervised by our Red Cross certified staff. The program is designed to entertain the little ones with different activities based on science, nature and exploration.Core Zone Teens Club
Hours: 9 a.m. 11 p.m.
Offer`s special activities for your teens ages 13-17.
The Core Zone features daily activities and a vast array of sports and games for teenagers.
Pools & Spas
Indulge yourself at the Spa with one of
many treatment services (fees apply). Two swimming pools
Newlywed and Anniversary Package This complimentary package includes:
- Welcome letter
- Fresh fruit
- Bottle of sparkling wine
- Special turn down service
- Breakfast in bed with Mimosas (Reservations must be made in advance with concierge)
- 15% discount on all spa treatments
Note: Please request newlywed or anniversary package at time of booking. Couple will be required to present a copy of wedding invitation or marriage certificate at time of check-in. Package is subject to change without notice and is only applicable to couples staying within three months of their wedding or over their anniversary date. 15% discount on spa treatments cannot be applied to spa packages or combined with any other spa promotion or offers.
A beautiful 18hole 72 par golf course, designed by Robert Trent. The challenging Playa Dorada Golf Course, with its exceptional greens
and lush Caribbean tropical surroundings, is an excellent choice for sport enthusiasts.
(Additional costs may apply)
Long Beach and Cabarete offer
various types of exhilarating water
sports such as water skiing, surfing,
windsurfing and kite sailing. For a calmer atmosphere, you can head to the beaches located along the Malecn, or to Boca Nueva, Playa de Copello, Bergantin or La Mariposa. In addition to beaches and watersports, guests will also have access to unforgettable
land activities and cultural experiences.
An array of hiking and cycling trails are available, as well as numerous
adventure tours. Popular attractions include Isabel de Torres Mountain
National Park, the Cabarete Lagoon
and Los Caos de Estero Hondo
a manatee marine sanctuary. History buffs can enjoy Puerto Platas Victorian
architecture, the colonial Fort of San Felipe and the Jewish settlement of Sosua
3G Special Group Benefits For Travel Now - December 22, 2016
Every 6th room within the group will be complimentary
One free room upgrade to the next available category for every 10 paid rooms based upon availability
$200 in Resort coupons per person for individual spending (rules of use apply).
Group private check-in when all group participants arrive together to the resort on the same date at the same time. Group arrival flight information must be provided to the hotel with at least seven days anticipation.
Six room minimum based on double occupancy. Maximum of 20 rooms. Group rates are combinable with all promotions, rates apply to social groups and not to corporate meetings or incentives. Private events can be set up but would incur additional charges, and must be set up in advance with hotel`s group manager.
Promo Terms and Conditions:
1. Valid for new group bookings
2. One complimentary room for every block of five rooms paid, not to exceed three total comp rooms for the group. Complimentary rooms are based on double occupancy; additional persons in the room are required to pay. Complimentary rooms are applied to the lowest category rooms for the total group.
3. One complimentary upgrade will be provided to the next category for every block of 10 rooms achieved for the average length of stay of the group; not to exceed two total upgrades for the group. Upgraded guest information must be provided to the hotel at least seven days prior to arrival.
4. This promotion is combinable with complimentary wedding packages, but only when the conditions of the free wedding package are separately met outside the 3G room count. This means the required room category needs to be booked for seven nights or five rooms in any category need to be booked for a minimum of three nights. The rooms booked counting towards the free wedding package, cannot be counted as part of the room reciving the 3G promotion. For example if there is a wedding of 10 rooms, and the bride and groom book the required room catgory for seven nights they can get the complimentary wedding package and the other nine rooms could qualify for 3G. Another example would be if there is a wedding group of 20 rooms for three nights, five rooms would apply for the free weeding package, but then only 15 would be eligible for the 3G promotion meaning only two complimentary rooms would be obtained.
5. This promotion is not combinable with other group promotions. Once the maximum number of rooms are met, any additional paying rooms are subject to Terms and Condition and parameters to the group policy.
6. Private check in is only applicable when group arrives at the hotel at the same time, and when the hotel has been notified at least seven days prior to arrival.
7. Details (guests names and booking numbers) on guests receiving any Special Groups promo complimentary room stay and/or upgrade must be provided by BookIt.com to the hotel groups department, preferentially by including this information in the definitive group rooming list that will be send to the hotel 60 days prior to the group arrival. Otherwise the hotel must receive written specifications, about complimentary and or upgraded room(s) assignment, with at least 7 days anticipation prior to the group first arrival in order to apply these benefits.
8. Resort Credit Coupons are applicable at selected services. Resort coupons are
non-transferable, non-refundable, and hold no cash or commercial value. Resort Coupons must be redeemed at the time of reservation or service. Resort Coupons are not cumulative and cannot be combined with other coupons offered in any other promotion or special offer; they are only valid during initial stay. Resorts Coupons are applicable at the Spa (up to $40 per every 50 minute treatments, not applicable to Beauty Salon and Kids menu on Dreams), Romantic Dinners (up to $60 per every romantic dinner scheduled with the Concierge) and up to $10 for every Bottle of Wine purchased.
9. An agreement will be issued by the resort for every group booking according to the property group policys terms and conditions. Standard contracted cancellation and no show policies apply.
Important Note: In order to receive the complimentary room(s), all rooms are required to book at the same time.
For groups over 10 rooms, special terms and conditions apply and are on a request basis.
For more information please contact Bookit.com groups department at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 120 DC
- 220 DC
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- ATM Machine
- Accessible Facilities
- Accessible Parking
- Accessible Rooms
- Additional Services/Amenities/Facilities on Property
- Adjoining Rooms
- Aerobics Instruction
- Airline Desk
- Area Shuttle (Surcharge) (+)
- Audio Visual Equipment (+)
- Audio/Visual Equipment (+)
- Baby Sitting (+)
- Baggage Hold
- Banquet Facilities (+)
- Banquet Facility (+)
- Barber Shop (+)
- Beach Access
- Beach Bar
- Beach Club
- Beach Service
- Beauty Shop/Salon (+)
- Bell Staff/Porter
- Bilingual Staff
- Boarding Pass Print-Out Available
- Body Scrub (+)
- Body Wrap (+)
- Boutiques/Stores (+)
- Butler Service
- Car Rental Desk (+)
- Casino Shuttle
- Child Programs
- Children's Play Area
- Children's Program
- Cloakroom Service
- Coffee Shop
- Conference Facilities (+)
- Conference Rooms (+)
- Connecting rooms
- Currency Exchange
- DVDs/Videos - Children (+)
- Drugstore/Pharmacy (+)
- Early Check-In
- Elevator / Lift
- Exercise Gym
- Fitness Facility
- Gift Shop on Property (+)
- Hair dryer
- Handicap Parking/ADA Accessible Parking
- Handicap Services
- Honeymoon Amenities
- Housekeeping - daily
- Kids Club
- LateCheckOut (+)
- Laundry Services/Laundry Facility (+)
- Massage (+)
- Massage Services (+)
- Medical Facilities Service (+)
- Medical Services (+)
- Movies in room
- Multilingual Staff
- Multiple Swimming Pools
- Non-Motorized Water Sports
- Non-smoking rooms (generic)
- Outdoor Pool
- Parking - Controlled Access Gates to Enter Parking Area
- Pool Area Bar
- Poolside Bar
- Poolside service
- Porter / Bellhop
- Printing services available
- Private Beach
- Private bath or shower
- Private dining for groups
- Public Internet Access (+)
- Recreational Vehicle Parking
- Room Service (+)
- Safe deposit box
- Sauna (+)
- Scuba Diving (+)
- Snack Bar
- Spa (+)
- Spa Services (+)
- Steam Room
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis court
- Tour Assistance
- Turndown service
- Type of entrances to guest rooms
- Video Game Console
- Video games
- Volleyball Court
- Walk-up (No Elevator)
- Water Sports
- Water purification system in use
- Wedding Services (+)
- Welcome drink
- Wheelchair Access
- Wireless Internet Access (+)
- Zip Line (+)
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply