Macaw is a mountain lodge located in Turrubares in the Central Pacific of Costa Rica, just 90 minutes from San Jose. The location is adjacent to Carara National Park, near the Turrubares Hills Forest Reserve and Wildlife Refuge Fernando Castro Cervantes.
Why Stay Here
- Solar powered energy.
- Tree planting program to feed the scarlet macaw
- Permaculture program
- Walks around the tropical botanical garden, forests, trails
- Yoga platform
- 8 rooms and 4 Standard Bungalows
Macaw Lodge has important projects like the tree planting program to feed the scarlet macaws, permaculture (organic farming), agricultural products such as cocoa, acai and coffee. Plus a mandala crop system, whose objective is to grow organic crops for use in the Lodge kitchen.
Entertainment & Activities
Nature and sustainable Activities:
- Nature walks
- A visit to the Permaculture and mandala crop system
- A visit to the waterfall
- Walks around the tropical botanical gardens
- Bird watching
- Yoga (the platform overlooks the gardens and lily or lotus ponds)
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply