Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge is a 165-acre private preserve located within the Golfo Dulce/Osa Peninsula region which has been called one of the most biologically diverse places on the earth. This area contains Central America`s largest remaining Pacific Coast rainforest
Why Stay Here
Escape to the wonders of nature, the peacefulness of the rainforest, and immerse yourself in a truly unique vacation experience that will relax you beyond your expectations. Certificate of Excellence 2014 Winner, by Tripadvisor.
The most unique Costa Rica experience available. This amazing eco lodge, embraced by the jungle and the pristine waters of the Golfo Dulce, does not have phones or TV. There is no Internet at the lodge. It is the purest form of contact with nature.
- Unique Natural Experience. No phones, TV or Internet.
- Fishing, Kayaking, Yoga, Hiking, Rainforest Escape.
- All Meals included. You catch we cook it.
- Unspoiled Natural Treasures
Lush, green vegetation as far as the eye can see, with leaves as big as elephant ears. Jade colored water. Toucans, monkeys, iguanas, dolphins, majestic blue butterflies all are here at Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge, in Golfo Dulce, Costa Rica.
If physical challenge is what you want it`s here. If rest and relaxation is what you need it`s here. And everything in between! It is a destination lodge that offers kayaking, fishing, snorkeling, hiking, wildlife viewing, horseback riding, and hammock swinging right out the doorstep.
Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge embraces conservation and harmony with the natural environment, and offers a perfect blend of comfort with environmental preservation.
This wilderness lodge is sensitively designed with the environment and constructed from naturally fallen trees, recycled materials and harnesses the natural energy from the sun to provide electricity.
And, after a day of playing hard, enjoy the rainforest from hammock in our uniquely designed tree-top level lodge, or retreat to the private terrace of your deluxe cabin. Before savoring the fabulous tropical-Latino inspired dinner menu, join others for appetizers under the thatch roof candlelit bar.
What also makes Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge so unique, pristine and private is that access from nearby villages is by water only. Dramatic views of the mountains surrounding the Pacific Coast gulf welcome you to the lodge as you approach by boat. Once you arrive at the lodge, lose yourself in the tropical paradise that surrounds you, and let the adventure begin!
- Boat Pick-Up and Drop-Off from town of Arrival before 2PM. [Golfito/Puerto Jimenez] Please indicate which of the two towns you will be arriving or departing from at the time of booking. Please send us your flight information.
- All Natural Beverages and Bottled Water
- Three exceptional meals prepared each day by our chefs
- Unlimited Self Guided Hikes [On our 165-acre preserve there are numerous trails that wind through the rainforest canopy, fruit trees, and coastal lagoon areas. These trails are perfect for all levels of guided and self-guided hikes]
- Unlimited Use of Kayaks
- Unlimited Use of Windsurf boards
- Unlimited Use of Snorkeling equipment
- Unlimited Use Fishing Equipment - You catch it, we cook it for you!
Set in a beautiful jungle garden area with mango trees on all sides and open views of the surrounding rainforest. Each room has private entrance, beautiful hardwood floors, private bathroom, private terrace, louver doors and windows that wrap around the room to afford panoramic views. Rooms have queen beds [or twin beds upon request] with mosquito netting and ceiling fans. The Mango Guest House is separate from the Main Lodge.
Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
World-class cuisine comes standard with every stay at Costa Rica Eco Lodge Playa Nicuesa Rainforest. Three exceptional meals are prepared each day by the chefs.
Emphasis is on local cuisine and fresh fish, tropical fruits and vegetables. The 165 acre preserve abounds with tropical fruit trees bearing mangoes, pineapple, starfruit, oranges, lemons, papayas, water apples, bananas, and of course, coconuts. The fresh squeezed juices and salsas are limitless!
Children`s menus are also available.
- Boat Dock
- Free Airport Shuttle
- Full Breakfast
- Horseback Riding (+)
- Interior Corridors
- Kids Stay Free (Based on Age)
- Massage Therapist (+)
- Mountain View
- Multilingual Staff
- Non-Motorized Water Sports
- Shuttle To Airport (surcharge)
- Wake-Up Service
- Water Sports (+)
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply