The centerpiece of the 600-acre private reserve is an unique THERMAL RIVER that runs for over a mile along the base of a rocky gorge. Visitors access the hot river by descending stone stairwells and trails. There are a couple of dozen untouched river pools to swim in. The architecturally awarded restaurant has sweeping terraces that afford views of the canyons, volcanoes and the Miravalles dwarf forest. There is a full-service spa, a bar/lounge, and 3 hot mineral pools with floating sun decks and wet bar. There are 15 miles of hiking and biking trails.
Breakfast, wireless internet and guest parking are complimentary. The staff can provide 24-hour concierge services, tour/ticket assistance and wedding services.
The 20 air-conditioned bungalows at Rio Perdido have direct access to the hot river gorge. They include an elevated terrace with hammock and are equipped with all you may need for a comfortable stay.
- Two twin beds or a king size bed upon request
- Additional -trundle- twin bed
- Day sofa
- Coffee and tea maker
- Mini bar
- Flat screen high definition TV [42-inch, PC, DVD, Memory Card and Sound ports]
- Multi-purpose desktop
- Cable television
- Hair dryer
- Hot water
- Iron and ironing board on request
- Free wireless Internet
- Air Conditioning
- Telephone with IDD
- Card opening lock
- Smartphone or music player base [iPod type connection]
- Electronic safety box
- Cribs available
- Balcony with two individual hammocks
Internationa cuisine and snaks. Open from 7am to 10pm.
Room service is also available.2 Bars
Open from 8am to 10pm
The Thermal Experience, included in your rate
- 3 Thermo mineral pools with different temperatures
- Full access to the thermal river and canyon with its natural pools and decks
- White Canyon Tubing One per person per stay (only in summer time)
- Volcanic mud bath One per person per stay
- Hiking trails More than 16 kilometers of natural trails along the Costa Rican dry forest
The Classic Relaxation Massage, Head, Neck and Hands Massage, Reflexology Therapy and The Deep Massage with Acupressure.The Workshop and Artisan Store
Every product that we sell is Costa Rican, commercialized under fair practices, and, we hope, captures the essence of the region The Mountain Bike Trail
12-mile marked trails allow users to select levels of difficulty depending on your condition, so that both the beginner and the more avid cyclist has ample space to practice this exciting sport, through various landscapes from plains, dwarf forests, bridges, rocks, rivers and pastures. Currently visitors can enjoy our Bike Park with their own bikes.
The Canyon Adventure [optional, with a fee]
- 15 platforms: 6 of them are rock-based, 9 are suspended on the canyon walls
- A pendulum cable
- A 50ft Tarzan swing
- A 90ft challenge bridge
- 4 via ferratas* with lengths varying from 15 to over 30ft
- 5 zip lines with lengths varying from 260 to over 800ft
- Full access to the thermal hot springs and canyon
- Thermal pools AND decks
- Hiking trails
- Water station in the middle of the circuit
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply