One of the main attractions that we have at Canyon de La Vieja Lodge is the wide variety of adventure tours that you can enjoy and live memorable experiences near the canyon of the Colorado River. They offer trail walks, bird watching, volcanic exploration, geothermics, rafting, rappelling, rock climbing, tubing, horseback riding and mountain biking.
Weather and Temperature
With an elevation of 120m above sea level, the climate is dry and warm from December to April; sunny days, trade winds and starry nights. Rainy season normally starts between the middle of May and finishes around the middle of November. It is characterized by the lush landscapes, sunny mornings and rainy afternoons almost every day. In July and August there is a phenomenon called the summer of San Juan.
50 rooms surrounded by exuberant tropical forest, providing an exclusive refuge where guests can relax amid the tranquility and sounds of nature. All rooms are equipped with 2 double beds, air conditioning, private baths, hot water, amenities and a small terrace out front.
The rooms have a beautiful tropical architecture that reflects the beauty of the natural wonders of Costa Rica and offers the opportunity to enjoy the best of authentic culture and local Guanacaste hospitality.
Restaurants and Bars
At Canyon de La Vieja Lodge you`ll find a full service restaurant where local ingredients are combined with a world class kitchen to offer a unique gastronomic experience.
Offering a variety of dishes to choose from including appetizers, traditional local fare, salads, soups, main dishes and occasionally a buffet for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
The buffet is open from 7am to 9 am and 11am to 9pm.
Rancho Los Almendros / Pool Bar
At Rancho los Almendros the guests can enjoy exotic tropical cocktails, fresh fruit juices and appetizers. -they also offer light lunches perfect after a morning of adventure while you relax in the pool.
Located on the shores of the Colorado River, where our therapist who has over 10 years of experience in body health and local treatment techniques, will help you relax after a day of intense adventure. Some of treatments options are:
- Relaxing massage
- Bamboo massage
- Hot rocks massage
- Body exfoliations and facial treatments, among others
Canyon de La Vieja Lodge takes the possible industry environmental repercussions very seriously. The main reason to offer this information is to enable putting different processes, as well as mechanisms, products and behavior patterns into practice that will allow us to continue protecting the environment. Among the strategies they have adopted, you will find the following programs:
Attractions and Activities
- Separation of waste and recycling: The project includes the hotel and nearby school. Together with guests, they have begun to separate recyclable material from the waste and take it to a center where a group of women process and sell it.
- Use of eco-friendly products: They have eliminated the use of chemicals in our laundry and some others areas that tend to use highly contaminating chemicals.
- Sponsorship and assistance with the Curubande School to obtain the Blue Ecological Flag: This award is given to institutions that offer a place appropriate for education. It also takes into account not only the instruction of children in their regular assignments, but also teaching our children to take care of the environment and society.
- Educational programs: Together with the University of Costa Rica and two other hotels, they have initiated an educational project in 5 different schools. These programs are based on the correct use and importance of our resources such as water, earth and natural energy, among others.
- First Aid training: Currently, 14 people are trained in first aid care so they can respond to any emergency that a nearby person may be having.
One of the main attractions that they have at Canyon de La Vieja Lodge is the wide variety of adventure tours that you can enjoy and live memorable experiences near the canyon of the Colorado River. Expert guides from the area that will carefully direct visitors through exciting journeys through tree canopies, the Colorado River, canyon and an active volcanic crater.
- Rock Climbing
- Horseback Riding
- Mountain Biking
- Trail Walks
- Bird Watching
- Volcanic Exploration
- Complimentary Coffee
- Concierge Desk
- Free Breakfast
- Gift Shop on Property (+)
- Handicap Services
- Horseback Riding (+)
- Indoor Pool
- Lounge/Bar (+)
- Massage Services (+)
- Massage Therapist (+)
- Outdoor Pool
- Public Internet Access (+)
- Spa Services (+)
- Wireless Internet Access
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply