The Hacienda borders the Rincon de la Vieja National Park and offers views of the Rincon de la Vieja, Santa Maria volcanoes, and the Guanacaste lowlands. Since 1985, Hacienda Guachipelin has been hosting a steady flow of visitors, helping them enjoy the natural beauty of the ranch and the neighboring national park, where guests can experience volcanic activity from a safe distance. Natural hot springs, virgin forests, jungle waterfalls and volcanic mud pools are just some of the many attractions that tourists can enjoy during a stay at the Hacienda. For over 100 years, Hacienda Guachipelin Volcano Ranch Hotel and Hot Springs has been a working ranch; today it is an eco-resort that continues the work of raising cattle and horses. Near the reception area, guests will find corrals where real cowboys and ranch hands begin working early each day.
The hotel is surrounded by wide, inviting verandas and lush gardens with many types of birds, native trees, and exotic flowers. Guachipelin features fifty-two rooms with private bathrooms.
- FREE Welcome Cocktail!
- FREE Breakfast Daily
- Five Waterfalls
- Two Hot Springs
- Reception Area
- Sunset Bar - Dance to live Marimba music at night, right by the pool!
- Swimming Pool
- Restaurant - La Hacienda, is known for its great service and some of the most amazing food in the area: a combination of national dishes and international cuisine.
Almost 4000 acres of land comprise Hacienda Guachipelin Volcano Ranch Hotel and Hot Springs, with some acres set aside for conservation of the tropical dry forest, some used as pastureland, and other portions being reforested to protect endangered animal species.
- Horseback Riding
- The Canyon Canopy Tour
- Rio Negro Tubing Adventures
- Bird Watching
- Treks to the active craters of the Rincon de la Vieja Volcano
- Visit Lookout Point, which provides a 360 degree view of the Rincon de la Vieja, the Santa Maria Volcanoes, the Guanacaste lowlands, and the coastal lines
- The refreshing swimming pool is filled with natural spring waters from the volcano
- Guests will benefit from the healing energy of nature at the on-site SIMBIOSIS Volcanic Mud Springs and Spa From their rooms
- Enjoy stunning views of the volcano, the Hacienda, the Rincon de la Vieja and the Pacific Ocean by day, and relax at night to the sounds of nature.
- Attraction Tickets Available
- Breakfast Room
- Free Breakfast
- Guest Activity Desk
- Horseback Riding (+)
- Massage Therapist (+)
- Mountain View
- Non-Motorized Water Sports
- Outdoor Pool
- Shuttle To Airport (surcharge) (+)
- Spa Services (+)
- Wireless Internet
(+) = Additional fees may apply for the use of these amenities.
(*) = Free, some restrictions may apply