Nestled near the Belize river in a tropical jungle setting you have a choice between thatched cabanas, standard rooms or chalet all here to suit any travel budget. The dining room is full of exotic presence. The tone is set by the soaring thatched roof. Carved banisters, pink gypsum stonewalls, and rich local hard wood paneling make this a beautiful place to enjoy.
Meals are served family style and are widely reported to be some of the best in Belize. Vegetarian alternatives are available as well. The family atmosphere provides a setting for lively discussion between guests of different locations and interest. Menus vary but center around the kind of home cooking we call "grandma food" and the girls put on some of the best cuisine found in Belize. They will cater to special dietary requirements and some vegetarian alternatives as well.
Other amenities at Banana Bank Lodge:
- All accommodations includes a full Caribbean breakfast with eggs, beans, tropical fruits, toast, fryjacks or pancakes, juice, coffee & tea
- Over 240 species of birds spotted and identified (ask for check list)
- 60,000 gallon fully tiled pool design inspired by Inland Blue Hole
- Different varieties of orchids and bromeliads
- Fully equipped Conference Room w/ projector, screen and sound system, perfect for weddings or business meetings or workshops alike
- Endless photo ops around our beautiful landscapes.
- Remnants of the Mayan civilization - unexcavated house mounds & temples
- Carolyn Carr Art Gallery and John`s Historic Collection
- Two story birding observation tower overlooking lagoon
- Internet and wireless connection available in Chateau Brio rooms, front desk area, Cafe Carolina, Inspiration Hall, Pool, and Lodge areas
- Great family environment (kids love it here and don't want to leave)
- An assortment of delightful native animals & birds right on the premises including our resident jaguar Tikatoo
- Star gazing with a Hi-tech computerized 16" Meade Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope (see planets, nebula, galaxies, super novas, globular clusters, and more) Star gazing is on top of the roof of the Castillo Carolina.
- A solid team of cooks, housekeepers, gardeners, wranglers, drivers and guides who will help make your stay memorable
- All you can eat, home cooking served family style. Belizean and American cuisine. We cater to vegetarian or any other special dietary requirements
- Free coffee or tea and fresh squeezed orange or lime juice anytime
- Home to over 90 horses and finest Jungle Horseback Adventures in Belize (horses are trained as per horse whispering methods). Horses roaming free and miles of trails on our 4000 acres.
- Centrally located for short distances to ATM cave, cave-tubing, zip-line and Mayan site tours.
- We are a family run operation which allows us to be flexible in our schedules and have the ability to better cater to your needs
- Home to the finest horseback riding in Belize.