Mauna Kea Summit & Stars Adventure
Travel through space and time as you're transported across striking and surreal landscape that reveals Hawaii's past. Learn about the remarkable evolution and changes the island`s natural world has experienced. Dine, local bento-style, at a historic ranch outpost. Stand in awe at the top of the world`s tallest volcano amidst the largest collection of telescopes on earth and some of the most dramatic scenery you`ll ever witness. And then, after a sensational sunset, leta Naturalist Guide reveal the wonders and world-class clarity of the Hawaii
rates starting at
ADD TO MY ORDER
Need help? Call us Toll Free!
Your tour activity is being booked with Aloha VIP Tours. You are required to contact Aloha VIP Tours a minimum of 48 hours prior to the date of scheduled activity at 808-955-5900 to confirm. Aloha VIP Tours handles all fulfillment for this item.
Dress Code: Guests are provided hooded parkas, but should bring a light sweater or jacket, wear long pants and covered walking shoes.
Menu: Choice of Vegetarian Spinach Wrap (Wrap includes: Hummus, Lettuce, Tofu, Cucumber, Tomato, Carrot, Avocado, Bell Peppers, served with a side of Sesame Soy dressing) with Glazed Carrots and Tabouleh. A gluten-free option of Grilled Chicken Breast with Rice & Glazed Carrots. A Hot Entree option of Barbecue Chicken with Mild Korean BBQ Chili Sauce, Homemade Cornbread and Cole Slaw w/Blond Raisins. Delicious Chocolate Brownies, hot chocolate, and tea will be served during the Interpretive Star Show later in the evening.
Terms & Conditions for this Activity
- Weather Conditions: The summit area is high altitude with cold temperatures and sometimes high winds. Weather can change quickly. The summit road can be closed on short notice affecting the tour. Aloha V.I.P. Tours does everything they can to monitor the weather and will cancel tours up until an hour before scheduled departure on tour day if they believe conditions are unsafe or definitely poor visibility. However, often the weather is impossible to predict. Aloha V.I.P. Tours do not guarantee either a sunset view or clear night sky conditions.
- Restrictions: Those with respiratory or heart conditions, pregnant women, or those in poor health should not access the summit. Scuba divers please note that summit altitude is over 13,000 feet (4000 meters.)
- Must be 16 years or older - Children under 16 not allowed on this tour.
- CANCELLATION POLICIES & FEES, NO-SHOW CHARGES & REFUNDS: A full refund without penalty shall be given if reservations are cancelled at least seventy-two (72) hours prior to the scheduled activity. There are NO refunds if canceling less than seventy-two (72) hours before the start of the tour or if “No-show”. “No shows”, are defined as clients missing their tour for any reason without canceling. Tours missed due to illness with doctor\\\'s papers may be entitled to a full refund without penalty.
- RESCHEDULING TOURS: All tours, MAY be rescheduled for the exact same tour to another day without penalty as long as the Aloha VIP office receives at least seventy-two (72) hours notification and issues the client a confirmation. Office hours may fluctuate by season but are generally 6am-5pm seven days with major holiday schedule adjustments. The responsibility for contacting the Aloha VIP office belongs to the guest.